cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Hooba
Scholar 3

@dr_necessitor  Yes, I have Boost, so can't help you. Sorry !

In other news. Can confirm that the Beta does work with tvOS14.

@Hooba Thanks, no worries. Yes I’ve been running the beta app on tvOS 14 (a beta release) for a few weeks now. One less thing to scupper it! (I may be mis-remembering but I think an earlier NOW TV beta app was sunk by the last release of a tvOS upgrade) 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It’s a shame Picture in Picture doesn’t work with TVOS 14 but I guess I was just wishing it would.
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

You cant make that statement yet.  This is still the beta.

We know that certain things arent on the beta that (apparently) will be in the release such as boost (we live in hope) and AppleTV TV app integration.  Perhaps picture in picture is another of those things not in the beta that will make their way into the final release.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

>>Compared to the NowTv app on my BT/Youview box which is temporarily restricted to 25FPS - what an absolute mess in comparison. 

Why is it restricted?  Are there issues with the BT app?

cheers

m

Hooba
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User It's been restricted by NowTv. See here: https://help.nowtv.com/service-status/

It's not BT's app. It's a NowTv app that's available on Youview boxes. BT's box is, amongst other things, a Youview box.

I'll add - anyone that subscribes to NowTv directly through BT is pretty much unaffected. It's only the live Now Sports channels that are problematic, and those are all available through the  BT TV guide, so the NowTv app isn't needed to watch those. 

But anyone that uses a NowTV app on Youview box (BT or otherwise) that subscribes to Sports directly through NowTV with Boost, isn't getting the 50FPS they've paid for. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I updated to TVOS 14 myself yesterday app has continued to be very good. The beta I expect will get one more build before they launch it publicly 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers @Hooba , looks like it might not be a permanent problem.   

m

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User

What do you think of TVOS 14 I personally dont see a difference and none of the apps are supporting Picture in Picture so far unless I’m completely clueless and doing it wrong.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I haven’t noticed a difference either. PIP might come soon on apps but not something I am massively after.  Nice to watch YouTube in 4K now tho