cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
nst
Elite

I agree.

Although the trials manager seems to be the best bet here - they are quite responsive.

However, Im not sure what to think or believe....

It happens when it happens, and it will be whatever they give us.

I did think that the public release of TVOS / iOS 14 was the most sensible timeframe as that kindof fitted with the 'in a couple of weeks' thing that people were told a couple of weeks ago.  However, the release of iOS14 seems to not have any bearing on the released app as if it was 'ready' for TVOS14 it would still presumably function on TVOS13 as the beta does... so of course could be released anytime before or after the public release of TVOS14.

I think that the twitter account is giving out duff info, and they should know better than to make statements like that without checking.   The Twitter account has said that it would be a coupe of weeks.. and also no boost.  I think both those statements are incorrect so best check with the trails team who presumably have a better idea.

Further to my previous post re Sports being 1080p & 50fps in the beta app when a Boost pass exists on the account, has anybody who is running the beta app (and who does have a Sports pass but does not currently have a Boost pass) used the developer HUD to check if Sports is 1080p & 50fps?

I have a feeling that Sports is getting 1080p & 50fps via the beta app regardless of Boost pass status. But it needs checking by somebody without a Boost pass to either prove or disprove the hypothesis.

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@dr_necessitor 

Sorry can't help you with that at this time, as I have boost for my tv upstairs,but what I can say is the picture is just as good on the beta app on my tv downstairs as it looks 1080p and the motion is really good, just no 5.1 surround sound at this time!!!

@Duncaw67 

That’s because *IT IS* 1080p (see my post of 19/08 earlier in this thread)!

But I also have an active Boost pass, so what I’m interested to know is whether it’s 1080p or not for somebody without an active Boost pass.

(yeah there’s no 5.1 sound though, so it’s either partially supported Boost or it’s 1080p for everybody?)

nst
Elite

anyone had any recent updates or comms from trials lately?

Of course that "two weeks" tweet should always have been taken with a pinch of salt... but times ticking by.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Haven’t heard a thing, be interesting to see what happens after apples event this evening, maybe there waiting for that or I could just be clutching at straws with false hope.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Monthly update just released and still not a universal app, so it’s still not released.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LOL

Hooba
Scholar 3

I watched the footy on the ATV NowTv Beta app yesterday - on the one of my TVs not set up for 5.1. Have to say, the picture quality was very good indeed. Excellent in fact. Compared to the NowTv app on my BT/Youview box which is temporarily restricted to 25FPS - what an absolute mess in comparison. 

@Hooba I’m trying to figure out if Sports via the beta app is 1080p 50fps for everybody or only for Boost pass holders. Sounds very likely you were seeing 1080p 50fps! Key question is “Are you a Boost pass holder”?