cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I was on the previous beta but not the current one, and just emailed the old email address for the trials manager I had from 2018 on the off chance that they'd have me on the trial too. 

From what I can see, the only difference between the old beta and the new beta is the scrubbing interface and some layout tweaks when you're viewing a series. 

But anyway, when the trials manager got back to me to put me onto the beta, this is what was sent:

"Thanks for reaching out to us. We are coming up towards the end of the trial and hoping to launch it in the Autumn of 2020. If you would like to join us in the remaining time left..."

The trial build I'm on only has 43 days left. So it'll probably be some time in November... at least.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

In fairness this build has been basically the same for last 4 and a half months apart from a slight change to fix a TVOS 14 error. I was expecting at least one more build before the trial ends else I can’t see why it hasn’t been released. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I think I just saw a flying pig....
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would really like to get in on this beta if possible. Please could someone possibly PM me the email of the trial manager so I can try and get it on the act and load it up on my ATV4K.

Cheers.

Mikeaj96
Scholar

Also me if possible, would like to try out the beta before release 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable
A beta is for testing, this doesn’t need any more testing. It needs releasing. But to be honest save your money and don’t pay for Sky or NowTV.

If more people did what I did they’d have to be more fully featured and competitive. Imagine they are still surfing on the cash people pay them for satellite. They won’t last forever, hence the hobby of NowTV.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Was that trials manager at now tv dot com? Had no reply from there.

Thanks

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

I must say I agree with that sentiment.

Kindof irks me to see them launching with boost on another platform... when they cant get AppleTV released and updated first.

The trial has been ongoing for ages - please put some development effort and resources into getting this launched rather than divert attention to another platform again.

benryanmills
Scholar

Look at the version number. It’s 11.0 that’s a significant jump. Last time they did a x.0 version jump number was over a year ago. I think the universal app is included in this update, but they can choose when to switch it on. I think they’ll drop it in tandem with tvOS 14 (which they updated the beta to fix the crash-on-open bug with) So they definitely have intentions of releasing it by the end of autumn, if not this week like the help account on Twitter said. 

nst
Elite

I appreciate the expectations with the timing of the forthcoming release of TVOS14...

but the reality is that the app realistically will not be exclusively functional on TVOS14 - i cant see any reason why this could ever be the case.... as the beta is obviously functioning on TVOS13 and there is no special TVOS functionality upcoming that the app would ever need to rely on.

So, the "wait for TVOS14" this is not really true.  Fact is they could release it today of it was ready... but seemingly we will get it when we get it and not a moment before!