cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Or, indeed wait just a tad longer.

The NowTV app isnt yet released of course... ill still believe "a couple of weeks" when I see it.

But if you wait for the new model then they will be selling off the old stock of old one at a discount - you could save a bit of money.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@nst

Didn’t think of that it’s a good point, thank you sir your a star.

The release of the new app is also what has made me hold of from getting one until it’s released. It would drive me mad having to use the old app, so I think I will just stick with the now tv box I have upstairs until the app is released and the new Apple TV
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been following this for a long time as an interested non-beta user who just wanted the app  updated!

But as @Anonymous User stated if a new box is revealed then @nst should wait for a week or two as the cost of the current 4K box will drop on fleabay and if you don't need gaming then the 4K box is more than up to the job of streaming.

I'm holding out for both new hardware and to actually see the new app appear on my 4k and HD home screens before I buy anything to replace the old v3 in the second bedroom yet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@sootee that’s what I’m doing now holding out for the new one, and if it doesn’t drop in the next few weeks I will just grab the current version as it does all the stuff I need. I got the cord nearly two years ago and for free from sky Q and I must say apart from not having the TV guide to just watch what is ever on etc I haven’t looked back, Nowtv is the only thing that lets down the Apple TV box and a good British tv player, I mean the app is ok but it isn’t great.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve been holding off buying an ATV box due to the rubbish NowTV app. If the update finally sorts out the mess that is the current app. and delivers full Boost support , that is both HD picture and 5.1 audio then I’ll be flexing the plastic for sure!

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

It certainly should do.  The beta version certainly is a significant "upgrade" from the current offering but of course thats to be expected given how old and functionally 'sparse' the old app is.

Hopefully, the public release isn't all that far off - some people have reported being told 'a couple of weeks' but Id imagine that it might be timed around the public release of iOS14 (whenever that may be).  We were told Autumn.. but thats quite a long window of time.

We are also hopeful that Boost will be supported on release... but will have to wait and see of course.

In terms of hardware... yes there is rumoured to be a new version of the AppleTV coming very soon - but of course the existing hardware is more than capable of 1080p and 5.1 streaming so might be the better buy once the new model is released whilst they clear down old inventory.  If you want the latest and greatest... now is certainly not the time to buy a new AppleTV box for sure.

Simonpaddy1
Scholar 2
nst
Elite

@Simonpaddy1 

"no boost" goes against everything we've been told up to now... both the Beta testers and via public twitter.

Quite often we have seen that "the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing" especially via that twitter account so id take it with a pinch of salt.

Im still expecting boost at launch.

if they dont... then thats      I N S A N E  !!  AppleTV HD and 4K box without boost support.  All those potential new additional £3 a month customers on the platform lost?  Theres no technical reason to not support boost and they seem to be supporting boost on most platforms that are capable of it now.

As ie said before... if the AppleTV app is released without boost then I simply wont be able to use it. What a shame.  What a waste of time...... lets hope thats not the case 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@nst

I agree with what you say, didn’t we get told they were working on boost for the new app or did I just dream this in hope? I’ve had to take out boost just to be able to watch on three screens now.

Hoping this isn’t true and like you say the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would not listen to the twitter feed at all. This would be the only updated device recently that didn’t get boost if that was true. Yes the Xbox got boost but not 50FPS but it was updated no device has been properly updated recently Hasn’t received boost support it would be completely against everything they have been doing this year boost And sports is a central part of the future of NowTV that has been made very clear.