cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable
This app has probably been universal for a year based on the Irish app. Don’t think the v11 bump means anything.
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User  I beg to differ.  @Anonymous User is not correct.

This information was "true" quite some time ago... 

However when the latest beta was released, it was confirmed to a number of the Beta testers who asked that Boost would be included in the first public release.

A long time ago they indicated that AppleTV TV app integration was on the cards but would likely not be introduced in the first public version... this however has also since been changed to state that TV app integration would also be coming in the first public release (as far back as 3 months ago when beta 2 was released).

Now... having said all that I personally will always "believe it when i see it".  I truly hope that the final version on release supports boost and the TV app integration.... and I think that not including boost would be a big mistake.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I believe we were told that the importance of boost raised by testers has been noted. To be honest I’ve just cancelled my entertainment pass as even the new app doesn’t make it easy to find content and I’ve watch the box sets I wanted two months ago. It’s still got 3 weeks to run and I have a kids pass too, so will continue to test the app.

With Netflix I’ve never had issues finding content to watch, their library is probably bigger and they have have great recommendations and categories displayed to help me. I note whilst they do not use the standard tvOS interface either they do use standard pickers (faux 3D programme icons) and standard playback controls, unlike NowTV. Never mind they have 4K and Atmos. Now TV is so poor in comparison.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When was that tweeted exactly? There is no time & date on the tweet. 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User yesterday

Screenshot_20200903-092713.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interesting to see we all knew it was coming hopefully it does come out for others into a solid build as I have been using regularly for months now and enjoyable experience for sure. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wow, is this really happening? They have tweeted a couple of people to say it is!

https://twitter.com/search?q=(unified)%20(from%3Anowtvhelp)&src=typed_query

I feel like we should all have some sort of celebration, but I guess a street party is out of the question at the moment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They seem to update the iOS app every month and it’s been 3 weeks since the last update, so it’s possible the next one will go universal. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Let’s hope so, I’ve been holding off buying another Apple TV box for the bedroom as the old app is so bad, hopefully it’s released and I can finally get one
Simonpaddy1
Scholar 2

I was surprised (and a little frustrated) to see NowTV included in an advert for the AppleTV box in Vodafone today. Lovely yellow app - rather than the old green one - in between iplayer, Netflix etc. Seems rather cheeky.