cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Saint1976
Elite 3

For all those waiting patiently for the new app for Apple TV, spotted this on Twitter

Screenshot_20200903-085202.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Can’t see anything
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User of you mean you can't see the image I posted, NowTV have said that a new unified app for Apple TV is being released in the next week or two.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Cheers I couldn’t see it, I think it’s great news if it is, finally puts an end to everything.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Quite funny really, if that isn’t giving the beta testers the finger if true!

@Anonymous User said “Quite funny really, if that isn’t giving the beta testers the finger if true!”

😂yeah somewhat agree *but* lest we should forget, it’s a “beta trial” - we just get to “use” it, we’re not asked to or given any specifics to “test” anything! How could we, given that we haven’t been given or seen the requirements, the spec etc of the beta app...

nst
Elite

Im surprised to see that its so imminent.

However, thats a good thing I guess.   Although we were told "the autumn" I assumed that they would stretch that out to its fullest and release sometime in November at the earliest.

Heres hoping that the release includes Boost support and AppleTV TV app integration.  The former is essential, the latter is a nice to have.

Also hoping its a genuine universal app, and therefore will not be left to languish in the gutter anymore and have as much love as the iOS version does.

To the poster who is about to buy a new AppleTV ... id suggest you wait as there is a new model also imminent so give it a few weeks and see what Apple announce.

And you are right about the beta testers.. what do we know eh.  We haven't been particularly well communicated with along the process so we are just the blunt instruments bashing away at it.  To be fair the current build is pretty stable.  Theres a few niggles but mostly down to NowTV's wish to create a similar app experience and not adopt some useful hardware specific AppleTV bits and pieces such as ff/rw scrub etc.

Cant have it all.... to those on the old, old app... youve got a decent update coming soon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@nst I heard they were going to release a new one then I saw an article it was just for gaming and they weren’t going to release it till next year, I’m not big on gaming and to be honest a new remote which is rumoured would be great.

I just want this app to be released publicly so I can buy one, it would of been nice if we were told it was going to be released but hey we’ve got to use it I suppose
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Well, thats half the "fun" with apple... we dont know anything until we do.

There is definitely an updated model coming, and its relatively imminent in that it should be in the next 2 months or so.

Rumour has it that the remote will get a minor update (though I have no problem whatever with the current Siri remote) and of course the internals will get an upgrade.

That being said, the current processor in the 4K appleTV is of course more than up to the job of 4K streaming and so I dont see a pressing need for a new processor for that... however as Apple are pushing Apple Arcade, and a lot of people might want to play on the TV... I can imagine the processor is a bit long in the tooth when it comes to cross platform gaming (well, cross apple platforms anyway) and the processor will need to be beefed up to contend with games that work well on the current iPhone and iPad hardware.

However, if gaming doesnt bother you and 4K is all you need... then the current model will always fit the bill.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@nst

This is exactly my thinking also, I only use it as a streaming box for movies and tv etc, I’m not a gamer so I may as well bite the bullet and just get one.