cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Doesn’t NowTV Boost allow you to use 3 streams at once already ? I thought it did and profiles would be nice for families not sure how likely it is to happen but as you say most other streaming platforms do it. 

I would like Boost of course but full 50FPS still hoping they expand the sports channels from 6 at moment to full 11 in terms of 50FPS

I would like Sky Sports Extra Streams which some platforms have already have. 

Last be not least I would like voice searching via the remote for programs/films. 

A less clunky fast forward rewind feature would also be nice but can’t have it all. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User

Never knew about the boost pass offering three streams, but to be honest I haven’t bothered with boost as I only have the Apple TV etc, will definitely upgrade to it when they enable it on the Apple TV box, would solve a big problem in my household.

Would love a better fast forward etc and also the ability to remove programs/films from the continue watching section.

Sports is a big thing for me especially with the football season starting again soon so boost would be amazing for that.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

No problem glad to provide the info.

Do you only have AppleTV Boxes in your home ? One for living room and one for the kids?

I'm not into football too much which is ironic as i have both Sky Sports and BT Sports. I enjoy Golf, F1 and Rugby Union. This year I am looking into watching NFL as well debating getting the NFL Game Pass I will have Sky Sports until December 14th for F1 so will be able watch the exclusive games till on the sunday live. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User

Yep we had sky q before and it was costing far to much per month so we decided to get rid of it and get two boxes and with the price of the streaming apps that we like it has saved us a fortune And we can pick and choose which ones we want if we can’t afford them, we love the Apple TV box as it has everything we need, Nowtv is the last one to be sorted and I think it’s the perfect box.

We get BT sport with our broadband and I must admit I don't mind the American sports.

Let’s just hope our voices are heard and Now TV ups there game as I really think in the Uk it can be a game changer for them, especially with all the stuff Apple has going on with a rumoured new box etc.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I get a very very good deal for BT Sport with my EE contract £5 a month is a very good price when it means I can watch on my Apple TV. I completely agree with you the Apple TV box is an excellent device one of the best decisions in terms of electronic equipment i made in years when I managed get a 4K opened box one for £102 debated if at time if to get a Roku.

NowTV/Sky/Comcast have definitely got the idea at last that the AppleTV box is a solid streaming device this trial proves it to me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User

Yep I think there finally getting it, and the new trials manager seems very responsive to me at least, hopefully things start to move forward.

Wish I managed to buy both boxes that cheap, but must admit best decision I made getting it.
nst
Elite

I hate to admit it but im slightly falling out of love with my AppleTV box lately!

Yes, its perfect, and with NowTV (inc boost) it should become great - especially the TV app integration if they do that it will be very good indeed.

However, I mentioned a while back I had a problem with some Netflix shows supposedly in 5.1 and yet via my Netflix app in the AppleTV they simply weren't - just 2.0 stereo.... this is so hard to pin down as to the cause as its only some shows - others are fine...

.. well recently ive also experienced this 2.0 sound from Amazon prime video content too.

Its so frustrating.  I do have a Fire Stick 4K.. which until recently I rarely used... (got it cheap on prime day).... however it pains me to say that it works flawlessly with 5.1 sound and 4K picture.  I find myself now going to AppleTV for Netflix.. (or amazon), starting a show.. immediately hearing its 2.0... then switching to my Fire Stick for the proper 5,1 sound.

Cant find many people talking about this and it might just be me - hoping iOS14 coming soon will fix any gremlins and get it working great again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Unfortunately it will never be the all in one box solution for me until
the BBC and Apple get together and sort out subtitles for the iPlayer as
there are currently non what so ever and the BBC have essentially blamed
Apple for having a very difficult system.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Other TVOS Apps have subtitles that just sounds like BBC being lazy and not wanting do so they will just blame Apple as it clearly can be done. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The one app I find annoying is ITV if they could offer the same feature as BBC IPlayer that when you click on a live program you have the option to watch from the start that would be handy and safe having to wait till it’s over to get it on catchup. Apparently there looking into the feature but I won’t hold my breath.