cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
benryanmills
Scholar

@nst 

It is indeed! I’ve been very persistent with emailing the trials manager throughout this whole thing. My hope kind of died when it all went quiet but we seem to be back now!

This beta build is due to expire on Nov 9th. I would certainly expect it before then. 

nst
Elite

@benryanmills 

Agreed.  I cant see this being stretched out beyond november.  I was hoping September latest.

Selfishly of course us trialists can continue to enjoy using the app for the time being - although with no major updates I struggle to see what sort of bug reports we can raise now that we didnt already do 3 months ago.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Build(2) now available to install on TestFlight. 

Working with TVOS14 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
So despite the release notes differing from the email tvOS 14 is indeed fixed so there is a change in this build.
nst
Elite

its all very confusing isn't it.

No release notes.  We dont know what we are supposed to be testing (again).

We dont know if we should re-test things we previously reported... though is there any point as this is an unchanged version from 3 months ago....

Surely something is different!  if so.. what? 

Anyway progress is progress I suppose.  At least theres still life in the old dog.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maybe I am simply easy to please but I am glad that the build has been renewed and I’m not stuck on the old terrible app come the end of the week. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I agree it’s better to be renewed than letting it expire. What would be good if they shared a roadmap of what they plan to do. There doesn’t seem to be a plan here, is someone stretching a job out for an easy life.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I agree, if we could be kept in the loop with what they have fixed and redone so we could concentrate on that, it would be so much better for us all and we would know how far down the line we are.
Hooba
Scholar 3

The June email said not to buy a Boost Pass for the purpose of the trial, and that we would be updated once they had confirmation that this could be done.

Are we saying that off the back of that, Boost is confirmed?  It feels pretty flimsy to me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Although the streams on the Home Screen are not labelled so, if the trial user has Boost, content is supplied in the Boost format to the user, at least in Video. 

(and is very very good too)