cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User surely that’s a good thing it’s universal, wouldn’t it get regular updates etc, hopefully it gets a full release this year sometime.
rlpsmith
Mentor

Please can anyone explain how I might get the latest beta version of the NowTV app on Apple TV?

I understand it is done through TestFlight but how do I go about getting the necessary code to allow me to get the app?

Would be great to add my name to the list so they see this is an app worth updating/investing in.

Thanks!

The current version shows in-app as 6.2.8 - but on TestFlight it shows as version 6.2.8(1) - so my guess is that the re-issue will be 6.2.8(2) on TestFlight (and will remain as showing as 6.2.8 in-app with a longer/extended validity. As has been done before.

@rlpsmith The beta trial has been running for “a little while now”. Participation is by invitation only, the current participants having responded to a call for beta trialists - which you have obviously missed seeing back then, but I suppose you might still be able to get onboard by giving a shout out to the trials manager? Recent events would seem to suggest that “it ain’t done just yet”!

rlpsmith
Mentor

@dr_necessitor thanks. Ok, so may have missed the boat but if there is a way of getting onto this Beta test at some point I’ll keep an eye out on here for anything from NowTV or others about how to go about it. 

nst
Elite

@rlpsmith i would re-iterate what @dr_necessitor said...

The trial started in March and has been going on a long time now.

It was back then by open invitation but they only had about 30 spaces available (I think).

I would say its probably too late in the day to get involved now - after all, almost 6 months on surely theres some version thats nearing public release - especially given that the "new" beta version is practically the same as the last one.

Having said that, you can but ask.... after all given the 6 month duration and general lack of communications from the trials team i would not be at all surprised if at least some of the original 30 have given up and disappeared and therefore there might be some spare capacity.

nst
Elite

new email just received confirming its basically the same build as before (no changes)

So on the plus side it makes people happy they arent getting an expired app - on the minus side... what else are we expected to be testing 3 months on from beta 2 when its the same.

On the other plus side id hope we are nearing public release.

On the other plus side.. if its been checked for iOS14 compatibility... then iOS is normally updated in September so we cant be more than a few weeks away from final release.

On the minus side... still no boost or mention of boost - it would be remiss of me not to moan about the prospect of not having boost in the final released because i do that all the time 🙂   No Boost = unusable app for me.

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Hi @nst 

Seems quite a long time for this version and I checked the message in June from the trials manager, stating dont buy a boost pass for this beta 2 trial, they will update in the future when to purchase an boost pass, maybe @ public roll out in the Autumn!!!!?

nst
Elite

@benryanmills 

Thats encouraging... and the first time ive heard anyone confirm boost support.  You obviously asked the right person the right questions!

Autumn still seems far away but if we finally get a decent app that works well and supports boost then it will be worth the wait.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’ve asked the same question twice now to trials and not got an answer, I did get a response both times. Seems my question was being avoided. Hmmm.