cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

Wow

Unsurprised, hoped for more but probably no more than I should have expected really. When will this (longest ever in my experience) beta trial ever end?! 😟

Or to put it another way: ”It’s like déjá vu all over again”...

0 Thanks
MrZippy
Expert 2

Sounds suspicious that they are republishing the same version, unspecified fixes expect fixes crash on launch on tvOS 14.

Although at least they have heard of tvOS 14!

I note the public version of the iOS app was updated yesterday, which suspiciously also fixes the crash on launch for iOS 14 beta.

Hmmm...
0 Thanks
nst
Expert 3

i just dont understand how, if there are ANY changes at all... it can be the same version number as before.

0 Thanks
MrZippy
Expert 2

It could be same version, different build.

When Apple beta tests it’s always iOS 14 for example, but it has a build number which changes.
0 Thanks
Dean0989
Scholar 3

I’m just happy I don’t have to use the old app again, me and the wife are half way through a series and it would be really annoying having to go back to the old app.
Nufc4life1982
Mentor

I got all excited thinking the new build was here but we still have to wait 😭

0 Thanks
Oldskool
Mentor

Got the email 

no update in TestFlight yet. Hopefully soon! 

I installed the public beta of tvOS14 so can’t use the Nowtv app at all.

0 Thanks
TomNubbert
Mentor

the old version works fine on TVOS14 - lol

0 Thanks
MrZippy
Expert 2

That’s funny. Which reinforces my belief that this is just a universal app, as the latest public iOS release fixes a crash bug on iOS 14. It’s not documented of course as it’s a fix for a prerelease iOS version. Someone then states this fixes a tvOS 14 crash bug that didn’t exist.
0 Thanks
Dean0989
Scholar 3

@MrZippy surely that’s a good thing it’s universal, wouldn’t it get regular updates etc, hopefully it gets a full release this year sometime.
0 Thanks