cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
nst
Elite

Just saw the email too.

On the plus side - the beta shouldn't expire... and releasing this version is better than dropping it altogether and its usable for the general public.

On the minus side - after 3 months of further development theres nothing significantly different and it seems to have the same version number - this shouldn't be possible.  If its 6.2.8 then its the SAME as the one that we've had for 3 months surely.  if there are any differences at all including bug fixes  it will have a different version number surely?

Also, no boost support seemingly either still.   Not boding well for the final release if we haven't got boost in 3 betas now.... i fear it will not be forthcoming and thats a big mistake in my opinion.

Wow

Unsurprised, hoped for more but probably no more than I should have expected really. When will this (longest ever in my experience) beta trial ever end?! 😟

Or to put it another way: ”It’s like déjá vu all over again”...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sounds suspicious that they are republishing the same version, unspecified fixes expect fixes crash on launch on tvOS 14.

Although at least they have heard of tvOS 14!

I note the public version of the iOS app was updated yesterday, which suspiciously also fixes the crash on launch for iOS 14 beta.

Hmmm...
nst
Elite

i just dont understand how, if there are ANY changes at all... it can be the same version number as before.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It could be same version, different build.

When Apple beta tests it’s always iOS 14 for example, but it has a build number which changes.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’m just happy I don’t have to use the old app again, me and the wife are half way through a series and it would be really annoying having to go back to the old app.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got all excited thinking the new build was here but we still have to wait 😭

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got the email 

no update in TestFlight yet. Hopefully soon! 

I installed the public beta of tvOS14 so can’t use the Nowtv app at all.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
the old version works fine on TVOS14 - lol

Anonymous User
Not applicable
That’s funny. Which reinforces my belief that this is just a universal app, as the latest public iOS release fixes a crash bug on iOS 14. It’s not documented of course as it’s a fix for a prerelease iOS version. Someone then states this fixes a tvOS 14 crash bug that didn’t exist.