cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable
9 days to go till it expires, let’s see if they release build 3 before it does, or date I say it a full public release.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I just think I saw a pig flying. Lol.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Haha stranger things can happen lol
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I don't think it is that unlikely a build 3 could be ready in 9 days time. They have had 3 months since the last build was released think we all know they haven't been doing nothing in that time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I think personally we are going to see a build 3 and it will have a few things changed to test, anyways that’s just my opinion
nst
Elite

or, if you really want to by cynical....

ive no idea how the release system works on test flight... but presumably they could just re-release the exact same build over again to reset the 3 month countdown.

There was apparently a lot to fix.... and so we can hope that there is a genuine build 3... however to say its coming down to the wire is an understatement.

@nst said:

ive no idea how the release system works on test flight... but presumably they could just re-release the exact same build over again to reset the 3 month countdown.”

My recollection is hazy, as this has been dragging on for so long now, but I’m fairly sure this *has* happened once along the way!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I imagine so, they rereleased them same version of the public app before due to expiring certificates.
nst
Elite

well lets hope thats not the case - they've had almost 3 months on the current build.

Given that it works "OK" I do wonder what they are doing with it.  Its not exactly riddled with bugs!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
And as I’ve said before they released an older buggier build to Ireland, so I’m not sure they care too much about bugs!

This app I believe is stable enough to be released, it could do with some improvements and additions. But aside from the lack of touchpad and remote app support everything else is improved over the current released app.