cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I am very happy this beta has not been abandoned had been getting worried we have waited a long time but so has rest of the community. NowTV i think is becoming a stronger platform this year though for certain. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I don’t think so, they are bumped to no4 in streaming market. Sky are becoming irrelevant, I cut the cord 10 years ago and haven’t looked back. NowTV fills in the odd good show they have rights to. If they cared NowTV would have 4k and a good Apple TV app. Actually it’s 1080p if you pay extra and a rubbish NowTV app, that doesn’t support 1080p new or old version.

90% of my TV viewing is Netflix.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I think it is and the new app makes it so much easier to navigate, I use it more now than I ever did.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I agree, I’ve always said the old app made my subscription poor value as very hard to find new content and track what you are watching. The new app is much better, and yes I have watched more. Although continue watching isn’t 100%, it’s better than none at all.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

What is wrong with continue watching genuine question as it has seemed perfectly fine to me and been able to easily continue my boxsets unlike Beta 1.

nst
Elite

I must say, everyone taking about the swipe / Fast forward thing is something ive been meaning to mention myself - you are all totally right.

This is currently functionally a big let down - in that most (not all!) apps on the AppleTV allow you to click on the remote, and then scrub right and left for FF/RW.  However the BEST of these also give you a thumbnail view of what you are scrubbing to - and thats so handy.

Some dont give a thumbnail and thats less useful but still OK ish.

The trouble with NowTV is that the interface they have chosen in the beta anyways is the same as other platforms - this works fine when the remote has a dedicated FF/RW buttons but as the AppleTV doesnt, it needs to allow for that and therefore work in the 'standard' apple TV method of slick swipe for scrubbing.

The way it is currently, is very cumbersome indeed.

I do hope they address it - we shall see.  I suspect however that they might not - even at the sacrifice of usability - to have the interface "standard" across platforms - but it does make it hard to use when we dont have a FF/RW button.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst 

It was something I mentioned in the survey we did months ago hopefully they took it on board because it is really annoying I understand why they have done it but effects the overall experience of the app when watching boxsets.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Continue watching has disappeared a few times, plus viewed episodes are not always marked. Compared to the 1st beta it’s better as it always played first episode then, despite showing correct next episode, now assuming it’s there it plays the correct episode.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Regarding fast forward and rewind, I don’t recall the last time I ever needed to do it. Kids use all the time. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Interesting i've never seen it missing on mine always had it showing the current episodes for me had big issues with it in beta 1. I've had a odd issue with live tv not working after i switched channels a couple of times reported that.