cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable
But you can change the apple remote to click and not swipe or use your iphone.
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User 

Sorry don't have an IPhone, and still use the universal remote, as apple remote still not as good, even set for click rather than swipe, in my humble opinion,especially for the Now tv app, old or beta!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Duncaw67 We don't quite share the frustration then. I really like the Apple TV remote. My problem is simply that the NowTV beta works completely differently from everything else on the Apple TV, and in way that fails to take advantage of the swipe, which is a brilliant feature. That's a really bad design decision.

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User 

Could not agree with you more, but the apple remote is compatible with both Now tv apps on Aplle tv.

I use my remote like the old sky remote I had, and that was one of the best remotes Sky had developed for the HD box, which I replaced with Apple tv last year, and is one of the best streaming devices out in the market.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I imagine in exactly the same way that the other devices implement it. They aren't exactly set up as Red button they appear on the home screen as a separate stream you just click on to it's just like picking a channel to watch.

In regards to people's frustration with fast forward implementation I also agree and have said that in feedback to the Trials team as it does feel clunky having to pause and then move over to a button to fast forward through a show.

Voice for searching I believe is coming I remember them mentioning it wasn't available yet but would be coming in a future build.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Didn’t think of that to be honest, hopefully with build 3 we get some other options added
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

No problem if it was a red button type system I agree wouldn't work to well with the AppleTV system but with how it has been implemented at least from what I have seen on images it should work fine. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Well hopefully we won’t have to wait to much longer for the next build or full release, mind you we have all been very patient so far.
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User 

Not had any email re:build 3, did you get a date when it is starting,ie when this beta ends?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I just had an email reply saying do t worry about the beta expiring they are working on a new build to be released, so I presume it’s in the next week or so.