cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There are some pretty huge things missing in beta 2, but I dare say Sky know about them as they're things which are in every Apple TV app except the new Now TV one. 

Whether they fix them or not.. we shall see. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Apart from boost what would be your one thing you would like added. Mine would be live pause.

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

May I ask.. what’s the point of live pause in context of NowTV?

I think my opinion comes from the fact that mostly I forget that there is a live TV watch option - I really do....

The reason being that all the content is available straight after broadcast (and sometimes during!) and of course its AD free!..... I’d rather watch something after the event.... as I say sometimes things are available 5 minutes into live and then you get to watch it through without ads... and actually ‘beat’ live transmission towards the end.

so why would you watch something live... ads and all.. when the content is available without ads and of course you can pause it.

... just interested.  As I say I never use live watching.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The simple answer is I have kids and when I watch the football for instance, it’s handy if I want to pause and run upstairs if one of them stir during the game, rather than miss it or have to re watch it. Completely get what your saying but this one thing really would help me.
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Ah ok!

I'm not a sports fan and never watch it...

but yes I can see how watching sports live is important and therefore the ability to pause!

I was being a bit narrow minded in the context of broadcast TV shows riddled with ads as they are!

To answer your question...

Boost.. of course.  But the icing on the cake will be full AppleTV TV app integration.  By all accounts we are getting the latter (and that was a pleasant surprise as I wasn't expecting it seeing as Neflix refuse to cooperate too).

Cant really think what more a streaming service needs.

To me, the integrated up-next functionality is essential when replacing a PVR service such as Sky to enable you to keep track of the latest episodes you are watching.  This is why the AppleTV box is unbeatable in my opinion - its just so handy to be presented with the next available show there.... and Netflix is a huge pain not playing ball.  Granted, Netflix dont often release shows weekly - though when they do its a pain to have to remember to keep going back into the Netflix app to check on availability.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yep I think that will be a major game changer for myself as well, I’ve also wondered about the red button option how could they incorporate that with the current Apple TV remote?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
For me it would be using Apples video player and search APIs so that the app is a lot more user friendly on the Apple TV.

Search would be greatly improved if you could use Siri to dictate. But the improvement to the video player would be so much better. The ability to move through a show with a swipe instead of the AWFUL fast forward functionality is my number one request at this point.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I completely agree. The new app is simply not designed for use with the Apple TV remote. It's very unfriendly, and unintuitive. It's also incompatible with the remote apps on iOS and Apple Watch for the same reason. Given that's apparently a universal app, it makes no sense to use a non-standard interface for playback.

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User 

Share your frustration re:apple remote, that's why I purchased an Universal remote for £20 and paired it with the apple remote and so much easier to use, no more swiping and well worth the additional outlay.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Does the iOS app use a non standard interface, I’ve never installed as don’t plan to use on phone. I like the video player pop up, it’s better looking than apples, as has useful info. But it would need to support swipe for fast forward / rewind to be fit for propose with the atv remote. Other issue with non standard controls is everyone sees your PIN as you can’t use the remote app to type.

Live pause is useful if watching a live channel and need to pop out of the room, most useful place for me would be on all 4 as they do restart on live TV, but you can’t pause it.