cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst @Anonymous User 

I completely agree with this i've been using Beta 2 as my daily app since it got released and could easily continue using it like it is now if it became the release version.

Yes I would like to to be add to use my voice to search for things in the app like i can on Netflix and Disney+ but it's not a necessity

I would also like full boost support 50 FPs for sports very much but if it means I don't have to go back to using the old app I am willing overlook things like that.

@Anonymous User 

Disney+ has got off to a very solid start in the UK and Sky should be worried they have pulled a lot of the Disney and Pixar films from Sky you get far more choice on Disney + specially if you are a Marvel fan they have new exclusive shows coming soon and they are losing Disney Kids channels in just over a month. I expect when the streaming deals lax for the Fox Films they will be moving over to Disney + as well.

I am honestly surprised they haven't put all the dreamworks stuff on Sky now that NBC own it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree it could be released now, it’s functional with no major issues. Continue watching isn’t perfect mind, but better than the non existent that is in the released app still. 

Once released with a larger user base they will be forced to keep updated, well you’d think anyway. 

As for Dreamworks content I suspect preexisting licensing, much like how Frozen 2 wasn’t on Disney+ initially, means they can’t show yet. 

nst
Elite

I just dont see it not being released this time  -  as we said its perfectly functional now if not polished.

There was quite a difference between beta 1 and beta 2 in terms of stability and bug fixes so certainly a lot of work was done between the 2 releases..... its just a total black hole now as to whats happened in the same amount of time since beta 2 was released.

Of course they 'promised' TV app integration on final release (not in a beta) and that will be a huge thing - perhaps this is whats being worked on as the rest of the app is "fine" - and then the release will include the TV app integration.

I will certainly be looking for some kind of answers or confirmation before the beta expires.... ive put some effort into helping and its the least they can do to communicate.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I just got a reply to an recent email from a new trails manager, so maybe things will move again. We’ll see. Content was they will check out my queries and get back to me.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’ve just had the same thing, hopefully we will see some movement
nst
Elite

Me too.

Today must be email day 🙂 

Nothing specific to report just a reassurance they are still working on things reported in Beta 2 (which seems stable to me but hey).

So on the plus side its not ground to a halt - though of course something presumably must happen before the beta expires in less that 2 weeks time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst 

I've just received an email as well and been told that I didn't need worry about the build expiring as a new build is being made based on our feedback. 

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Will be interesting to see what beta 3 looks like...

(fingers crossed for boost!!)...

Because i cant find a great deal wrong with Beta 2.

They must have been doing *something* with it over the last 3 months though...!

I just hope for everyones sake and not just us beta testers that the final version will be released to the public sooner rather than later.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maybe support for Extra Streams as well would make kind of sense.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also had my email on email day 🙂 

Looking forward to progress ...