cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
nst
Elite

which is why any and all platforms that nowTV support that are easily technically capable of a 1080p 5.1 stream MUST be able to have it!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve sent two emails in the past five days asking for an update on the progress and are we still needed as testers and not one response.

It does worry me there lack of communication. Has anyone else had a recent response. 
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’ve chased 3 weeks ago and this week, no response.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A Staff Member did post that there should an update for Apple TV by October when someone was asking why certain films wouldn't play. Not entirely sure if they were talking about the app we are testing. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Also did they specify a YEAR?!
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

I sent one yesterday too.  Along similar lines.  No response yet.

Ive found in the past you either get a quick reply, or none at all.  Seems like the latter here.

Im not going to let it go though - I will email again.  I think its a poor show if you go about recruiting beta testers then just ignore them - we've given our time and goodwill freely without reward and so a bit of courtesy and communication is the least we can expect after all.

I will certainly be emailing again when the beta is close to expiry.

It does feel suspiciously like the experience of other posters in the past is about to be repeated in that the beta just fizzles out and expires then nothing comes of it. 

I truly hope this isnt the case as we all know in here how desperate the AppleTV is for a new app - and that Beta 2 is in itself OK for release to be fair.  It must be soon.

nst said “It does feel suspiciously like the experience of other posters in the past is about to be repeated in that the beta just fizzles out and expires then nothing comes of it.”

Yup. Just checked - expiry in 13 days (kind of makes it about 2 minutes to midnight in context of how long the whole beta trial process, past & present, has been going on!)

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@nst

Yep I couldn’t agree more, beta 2 to be fair isn’t that bad and if all else fails I would be happy for them to release that than to have to go back to the old app, at least it’s easier to navigate and has continue watching section etc.

Hopefully we are all pleasantly surprised and it gets a full release.
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

This is why I remain optimistic that.. this time... there will be an app release.

There is no reason whatsoever why the current beta couldn't be released... its perfectly functional and way better than the 5+ year old monstrosity that AppleTV owners are saddled with.

If something is awry at NowTV towers... and they have not been able to make any further changes (I  doubt this though in the last 3 months!)... then they could just push the button and release beta 2 as the public final release and most people would be happier.

... apart from me who needs boost!

But, we shall see.  I just hope they come back to one of us in the next 2 weeks.  I shall continue to email and i'd encourage everyone on the trial to do so too - ignoring us seems to be a bit unnecessary.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
But something did come of it, they released the app to another country. Just not in the country it was beta tested in.

Just read Disney+ is 3rd in the U.K. streaming market now, pushing NowTV to 4th. Lol. Well deserved.