cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
nst
Elite

@dr_necessitor 

Its not a case of faith... but now, in summer 2020 one of two things MUST happen.

1.  The updated app is finally released - we've waited long enough.

2.  IF the app isn't released and we are stuck with the rubbish and not fit for purpose app that they have on the AppleTV, then the platform as a whole has to be dropped and they must remove it from their list of supported devices as its just an embarrassment.   AppleTV will go the way of older smart TVs where the app is switched off.

I really hope, and very much assume its 1.  After all... beta 2 was pretty much almost there baring boost support.

My suggestion is.... all of us in the Beta trial... DONT let this go - dont let this fade away and vanish.... start to email the trails team and ask whats happening.

After all, if they dont seem to care, and it looks like we dont seem to care... then it will not get priority.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I agree completely, I’m going to email them now and will let you all know if I get a response
Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes me too

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wow, that's never happened before. So my post pondering if NowTV actually have a plan or not was deleted. So despite the deafening silence, they're actually reading these comments - this is good I guess?

So if I have spoken out of line, what IS the plan?

What is the schedule for the App Update.

What is the schedule for getting Boost on Apple TV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you get a reason for the deletion?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope, no reason given. I just noticed that it wasn't there any longer. It was a bit of a general rant, but there have been plenty of negative comments in here so I was surprised.

Maybe because I was also being negative about a general NowTV email received yesterday and this wasn't on topic for the thread? For me, it's relevant because it's part of the general service I get from NowTV and that service also is linked to the app on Apple TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’ve only been reading via email and don’t recall anything that shocking. What is shocking is how long this thread is and how long since it started!
nst
Elite

NowTV staff do indeed read these forums, and rightly so.

I tend to reign in my comments and although critical its constructive i hope.

The sheer length, history, and continued strong support for this thread should certainly tell NowTV that this is an important issue that many users want resolved.

@nst et all:

Sorry but after at least 2 years of beta trialling an app for this platform thru multiple iterations now and apparently still being no closer to the endgame, you’ll have to excuse my cynicism!

Personally I think there will be a public release *eventually* - but I’ve given up all hope of it being *anytime soon*

I started this particular iteration of beta trialling full of renewed optimism, having temporarily mislaid it after the previous debacles, but (notwithstanding the Covid-19 situation) the lack of progress & response has now driven me to

(1) completely stop using the app and

(2) return to using the Roku Streaming Stick+ app (which means I get 5.1 sound & HD Sport at 50fps).

Shame, I really thought this time it was gonna be “the one”. But sadly it hasn’t been.

nst
Elite

@dr_necessitor 

I totally understand your cynicism and id feel the same.

One thing... as you have experienced the last trial and this one... im assuming that this trial is a different build or different in some way app than the one you tested before.... (even if its just more stable?)

Having said that I too am back to other platforms where I can enjoy the 1080p and 5.1 im paying for... and should the app release on the AppleTV and NOT support boost.. well this has all been for nothing for me as ill never use it!

For certain im going back to the trials team this week.  On the back of the promised survey not appearing... and also to ask about the expiring Beta.  Its now less than 2 weeks away after all.

Good luck all!