cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have Now TV through BT and cannot login through Apple TV. The login is fine through the Now TV app on my iPhone but it won’t allow me to login at all on my Apple TV. I have four remaining devices so can’t understand why. 

Has anyone else had the same issue? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Official release, wishful thinking lol
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hopefully some traction starts to appear again it has been very flaky lately. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

is it too late to join the beta trial?

cheers

nst
Elite

it started mid-march.  Id say yes.. though theres no harm in asking.

So much for the latest survey appearing "late (2 weeks ago) that week or early (last week) next"!!

I just hope they are nearing release.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hmmm. Didn’t a single user get told there would be a 2nd survey in response to a query. I certainly haven’t been told this or got a response to my last email.

Really not sure what they’re playing at, but I wouldn’t hold my breath for any updates or release at this point.

Still the question is why has what appears to be an identical app been released in Ireland, suspect it’s buggy or have they rolled our feedback into the latest universal version of their app.

But why?
carlos321
Mentor

Irish apple tv user here..

app only received one update post release on March 12th which fixed a random crashing bug, and does not receive updates when the ios apps get updated. Lots of bugs, continue watching is broken, have to force close the app to exit etc

Suspect this is the UK beta release so been watching for the uk update as suspect Irish app wont be fixed (and boost enabled) until the release there.

Sky released the app in Ireland as Eir (Irish telecom company) moved their home IPTV TV service from their own eirvision boxes (which offered Sky and BT sports) to the apple tv. Guess it was a comprise position over licensing costs with Sky (sky control the distribution rights for BT sports in Ireland). Nowtv on the apple tv then allowed eir and sky to claim support for sky and bt sports as part of their package despite it being a crappy 25fps stream with no boost available in Ireland yet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ah, very interesting.

So it would appear despite the universal Irish app being updated per the change log, which is same as U.K. one. It would appear the tvOS side isn’t being updated as regularly as it appears, only the iOS code is changing.

This also confirms the app is buggy, sounds like our initial beta where continue watching didn’t work.
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Yes, that would be me.

Had a few emails ignored over the last few months but sent one a couple of weeks ago and got a reply the next morning.  In that reply they said that it was down to the development team (as the trials manager is just a go-between) - and they they had been told to expect a survey later that week or early next.

Of course, that didnt happen (or hasn't yet) - and thats now a week ago since the latest it was supposed to arrive.

Im not sure whats going on - build 2 expires in the next 3 weeks and still no survey which should have come out at the beginning of build 2 not the end.

Im surprised at the lack of engagement with the Beta testers to be honest with you.  They have a number of people who, out of goodwill alone (and not being paid!), are willing to spend some of their time helping out - you'd have thought that such goodwill and resources would be valued and nurtured instead of ignored.

It does feel like we arent adding much at the moment, and im sure that again several of the testers would have long since given up or are no longer interested in participating.

I can only assume that we are rather unimportant, and that the development is ongoing in the background and that the final released version is forthcoming and we will be as surprised as everyone else when it magically appears. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst 

I am actively still using the beta app it is very good and is my main way to watch NowTV i reported earlier bugs i found which were very few since Beta 2 nothing that would stop people really using the app at all. But i have been disheartened since the communication with the Beta Team dried up and hoping that either the app gets Beta 3 soon or is pushed to a full release as I do not want to go back to the older app in 18 days time.