cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Hi @Anonymous User 

I originally got the apple tv so I could watch bt sport on my TV,but it is so good I use it for almost all my streaming needs, I was not happy when I noticed how poor the Now tv app was on the apple tv compared to the app on my old Roku express which I replaced with the Apple tv but I have never regretted buying it, and hopefully the trial app will be here to stay.

nst
Elite

@Duncaw67 

I wish I knew the answer to that.  When I approached them last week I was told that the survey was imminent and to expect it late last week or early this week.

Clearly that hasnt yet happened.

What I dont know is how important or relevant any survey will be at this point in time.

All I know is that the trials team are separate to the developers and they are waiting on the developers for things such as the survey.

I also hope when its released it supports boost.  this is vital 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Duncaw67

Yep that’s what we did, we wanted to completely cut the cord and replaced our sky q which was costing an absolute fortune every month and bought the Apple TV, we haven’t regretted it once and with the ability to cancel subscriptions when money is a bit tight it gives us so much more flexibility.

The only thing letting it all down was the Nowtv app and since we’ve been using the new updated beta app we have used Nowtv so much more and to be honest it’s just like having sky q back. Like i said there’s thing there that they could add like the add to your calendar feature you can do on the IOS app etc but to just have this one released will be good enough.
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Exactly the same - although Ive had the appleTV for a few years I wanted to save money on SkyQ.

This is made possible mostly by the AppleTV TV app which does a pretty good (not flawless) job of keeping track of latest episodes of things you are watching which does away with the need for a recording queue.

Its frustrating that Netflix dont integrate for the rare occasion they release shows weekly - but heartening to hear that NowTV also plan to integrate which makes the appleTV a must have and unbeatable.

A public release with boost compatibility will make it a must have and the AppleTV box will truly be what it should be which is a one box solution for all the main UK streaming services.

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@nst 

Well let's hope it is soon, as you have stated in past threads this app on Apple is now over 5 years old. I did not have Apple tv then, but surely Now tv must know a new app is long overdue to replace the old one going forward 👍 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I haven’t had chance to try but has anyone tested on tvOS 14 beta 2, seem to recall didn’t work on beta 1. This OS is likely only 2 months away from public release.

Also Sky actively update the iOS app monthly, which I believe is likely same code due to Irish release so is in regular active development.

So why this updated app still isn’t out on the U.K. is baffling.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
My appletv on the beta works fine cannot say the same with phone.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I will have to test then.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem did you find a solution

nst
Elite

I have to say, I think its a bit unfair to be beta testing iOS14 on the AppleTV in conjunction with the current beta of NowTV and expect it to work.

Apple make it clear if you are going to try iOS 14 then you need to accept that many if not most 3rd party apps are not yet updated for compatibility.

To be trying the beta of the NowTV app WITH the beta of iOS 14 is one step too far!!  lower your expectations i think and dont expect it to work at all until official release.

We cant be troubleshooting 2 things which are not yet supposed to be working together.