cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Hi

@nst Just checked Vacation movie on Netflix and it is 5.1 Audio on my apple tv

nst
Elite

@Duncaw67 

Thanks so much for taking the time to check this for me.

Still no joy here, spent an hour this evening on live chat but they weren't very helpful.  Its far worse that it appears to be working for everyone else just not me!

Im sure theres some kind of glitch in my account thats only feeding me the low quality audio and video for some reason even though i pay for the 4K.... and even stranger only if I use the AppleTV app and not anywhere else!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Assume you’ve tried the obvious: -

1. Reboot.
2. App log out and in
3. App delete and reinstall.

Sorry to ask such silly questions.

Also Have you checked the audio output setting in settings to make sure it hasn’t changed to stereo. It’s possible some apps ignore this, hence why they work.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How are your broadband speed tests?

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

yeah of course 🙂

Checked all those things.

Dont worry... Netflix actually told me to check that the programme i was watching was actually in 5.1 - thats got the be the worst one!.... I suppose some people have zero technical savvy so therefore they must assume everyone is an idiot.

All checked, all OK.  Was all working up till a few weeks ago too.

Id be happier if the whole 5.1 output had stopped across the board... but it hasn't.  Then you could start to blame cables, hardware, settings, sound bar... etc.

But no... just the Netflix app refuses to play ball.

p.s. sorry to deviate the thread a bit with my netflix queries....  If NowTV developed a bit faster we'd have more to talk about!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm getting 5.1 sound out the Netflix app on apple 4K TV.
nst
Elite

thanks for confirming....

im feeling a bit on a limb now as its only me!

Perhaps its something at the account level.  Having said that if it was then i would not be able to watch on the LG WebOS app in 5.1 which I can.

Its the type of issue I hate - as its next to impossible to diagnose.  All I can say for certain is that its only the Netflix app on my AppleTV.  Weird eh.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is clear Comcast strategy is to act as a middleman... with they’re own set top box

that’s why developments on box goes well and on competitors (ATV, Shield, ecc) there is nothing

on smartphones you are forced to use app so you put money on that

on smart tv the vendors are fully paying the developers (I think Sky is actually being paid)

no chance things will change cause it’s a strategy 

nst
Elite

Back to the topic of the beta trial...

Have any fellow trialists heard anything or been in touch with the trials manager / team or had any response from queries lately?

Bit of a worry once again that beta 2 is counting down down to its "sell by" date and we've had nothing or heard nothing nor had the promised survey - taken them even longer this time to get sorted than last.

Whereas I still fully expect this to go live... it seems that the beta testers arent all that important and its probably still undergoing changes and rather than an iterative build released to testers I guess next we might hear is that its 'gone live'.

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@nst 

The only correspondence I have had with the trials team was @ the end of June when my account was locked for 5 days, and was only sorted  because I was part of the beta team, and the NOW care team unlocked my account so I could continue with the trial,but nothing since then?