cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable
@ Braindome

I think it looks a bit better, whilst not using the native tvOS controls, which is a shame. Plus once made universal the monthly updates would hopefully tweak the tvOS app as well as the iOS one. So it would be a start to get it out there as no show stopping bugs.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Do we actually know if the new version is a universal app?

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Good point.  it HAS to be released before September.

Having said that I can also see NowTV telling us not to update our AppleTV software if we want to carry on watching!

Lets hope it doesnt come down to that.

The current beta still has some rough edges but isn't all that bad.

As long as it supports boost on release ill be very happy.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst They don’t have to update it as the old one is still working. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The Irish app is universal and looks identical to the beta, plus the version number is same as U.K. iOS one. So I suspect it will be universal, but the beta build is tvOS only.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User that seems promising.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Is boost available on the Irish one?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I can’t even see boost on the Irish site, but to be honest had to use search engine to find on U.K. one as wants me to sign in to view passes on UK site. The Irish site lists the channel passes, but can’t see boost.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
With any luck it will be available. I still find it strange we have had no interaction from the trials team seem the second build was released.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’ve emailed this morning for an update, last email took 2 weeks for a response and didn’t actually answer my question.

Hmmm, this really shouldn’t be taking this long. They saw fit to release what appears to be the same app on Ireland, so suspect the buggy version as been out for a while now. The release notes don’t say when became universal to support tvOS. Noting the Irish iOS and tvOS app release notes / version are the same, which are in turn the same as the U.K. iOS one.