cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable
You mean like the Irish app, whilst I haven’t checked today previously the change log for the Irish tvOS app matches the iOS one. Meaning regular releases.
nst
Elite

lets hope then that this is what we will (eventually) end up with.

@Anonymous User 

We were told on 12th June in a private email that George is no longer the trials manager. This may explain the silence. ”

As a long-standing beta triallist of this app (current & previous incarnations) who has had personal direct communication with George/Trials Manager over a long period of time on & off, 
you may (or may not?!) be surprised to hear that I didn’t receive that email (not in spam either). Unfortunately this kind of just sums up the whole experience of this beta trial for me.

On reflection, I think I’ve had enough now and I’m done with this beta trial.

If the app eventually gets released (hopefully with Boost support for 5.1 sound & 50fps for sports), I’ll be delighted and will be pleased to use it. It will mean finally being able to use the tv 4k for all our streaming use (internal & external).

But until then, going to stick with the Roku Streaming Stick+ for NOW TV.

“It’s been emotional”...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
See I refuse to compromise, if they want my money on a regular basis they need to update the app. Every other U.K. service has a modern tvOS app on the Apple TV now. Apart from nowtv.
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

@dr_necessitor 

I agree with both of you.

The trial is getting a bit stale.. and I hope it doesnt collapse or disappear though as someone who is keen to help and get this thing released at long last it is a frustrating experience being left in the dark a lot and not knowing whats happening when.  Theres only so much you can keep testing when there is zero feedback.

I am using the NowTV box and I am desperate for the day that the AppleTV can be the only box under the TV.

And yes, I agree that when everyone else in the streaming business can have a decent and modern full functioned app for AppleTV, then NowTV have no excuse - especially with what passes as the current app.  It must be addressed and updated very soon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@dr_necessitor 

I can understand you even YouTube in the upcoming update is going be in 4K now. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hasn’t Sky only just added a UHD channel and is it even available streaming? Whereas the other subscription streaming services are 4K HDR with Atmos in some cases, and have been for a while.

I really think they are trying to protect their core satellite business.
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

There is a small amount of truth in that but to a point.

NowTV is certainly the "poor mans" Sky.  However the service must be compelling and in my opinion has to move with the times and 1080p must be a minimum when its priced as a premium streaming service certainly in comparison to the cost of Netflix etc - and its way ahead of cost to Disney+ which manages 4K as standard.

I think there are still plenty of differentiators between NowTV and Sky's satellite services.  SkyQ is expensive but a lot of people still want a PVR, multiple recording streams, multiroom potential, tons of (useless) channels that they never watch, and UHD 4K content.

Its fair to assume that NowTV will never be 4K - as it is certainly aimed below SkyQ.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have contacted the executive team who have said the update is due later this year and their tech team advise to keep an eye on the community boards.

which I have been doing anyway.