cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We were told on 12th June in a private email that George is no longer the trials manager. This may explain the silence. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you been told who it is ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I never had that email on the 12th June and never knew that George was no longer the trials manager, who is now do we know?? Probably explains why I haven’t had any reply’s
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As mentioned it was a private email to me. 

nst
Elite

I think its the use of the word 'we' which is confusing.

You were told in a private email... we weren't 🙂

Surely, or hopefully, the trials manager position can be filled.  Lets hope that the trial itself isnt abandoned and if it is you'd hope they would tell us to stop our testing otherwise we are wasting our time!

There is more to a trial than a trials manager after all.  The development effort shouldn't be abandoned.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sounds made up to me, as I never got an email either.

Just goes to show you can’t believe anything you read!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apologies, the “we” referred to my partner and I. 

As one of the earliest proponents on this forum many years ago for the app to be updated, I recently wrote a nice email to George and his team thanking them for their efforts under the current COVID circumstances. That is when I got a courteous reply back to let me know he was no longer the trial manager. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ah right, probably means this is dead again then as no contact for weeks. Got to laugh, I might well be withdrawing my funding to NowTV in the near future if it goes that way.

I still watch 99% of my content on Netflix, on my opinion Sky doesn’t have that much good content. There is the odd thing that takes my fancy, and it saves me money to binge box sets rather than watching weekly.
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

I dont share your pessimism - or im trying not to!

I would hope that a change of personnel behind the scenes doesnt mean that hundreds of development man-hours are then thrown down the drain and a platform that (should) have some strategic importance is left in the dust.

IF this is the case and we arent getting the updated app, then I hope NowTV officially drop support altogether as the AppleTV with the "current" app is not an option at all for most.

Im sure that they will just reassign a new trials manager and carry on.

I have been critical at the slow progress here and I remain so.  My concern now and as always is the lack of communication and promised things such as surveys etc dont appear.  There is certainly no feedback when submitting fault reports.

Ive come to terms with how we are treated as trialists, however I hope our efforts arent ultimately for nothing and they do actually release the app this time.  I dont see how they cant to be honest. Its not like there is a adequately working app available to fall back on.

nst
Elite

Just noticed the iOS app has been updated again today.  It gets regular updates at least every few months.

Anyone yearn for the day when the AppleTV TVOS app is a universal app that receives as much love as the iOS version does?

Im really hoping that this is the case, and that when the updated version launches, that it is not left to languish in the gutter for another 5 years and it receives regular updates going forward.