cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yep. A crash bug I reported is fixed. That’s all I’ve noticed so far.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have to admit I’m finding the same thing, can anyone shed any light
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst One of the bugs I reported was that swiping around the menus felt more difficult than other apps. It seemed to need a big swipe to move along by one tile, and only a fraction more to move along two, so there was a tendency to overshoot. This seems to be much improved. Haven’t noticed any other difference yet. 

nst
Elite

erm... i reported that too... one of the first things I reported.

But in my experience this hasn't changed one bit.  Just as sluggish.

Its the main reason I am questioning whats going on as I thought at least that would be different.

Im definitely on the new version!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I reported poor scrolling, I’m on the fence as to if this is any different, it seems worse I think as they are static boxes unlike native 3D ones. I won’t say what the outstanding known issue is, but I will ask does the iOS / Roku app correctly show viewed episodes and continue watching work correctly? I’ve only really used the normal Apple TV app as refuse to use two boxes, and that doesn’t have that feature at all.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Well, continue watching seems to be fixed and that was a pretty big bug.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Is it, I shouldn’t say this but it was stated it wasn’t. I will retest.
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Yes, well as good as it can be - its not without its bugs on other platforms.

However, yes there is a functioning "watchlist' and 'continue watching' facility on other supported platforms.

Its not without its flaws - for example you can add an upcoming new show to the watchlist - however once the first episode has aired it does not automatically appear in the 'continue watching' section.  You have to physically watch the first episode, and from then on the subsequent episodes will appear on continue watching as they become available.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh you’re right, it was stated that was still being fixed. But it was the first thing I tested yesterday and it worked for me much better than it did before. I’ll have to test it again. 

nst
Elite

Ive just emailed the Trials Manager to ask if he can let us know whats been changed.

OK, I wasnt expecting to see any sort of redesign and was expecting it to *look* the same as before but im struggling to understand what I need to re-test.

As I said before, the highly visible sluggish remote response is still well and truly present in my opinion.

Also, practically speaking its been such a long time since I reported a number of issues Ive forgotten what they were!