cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

By no means was I suggesting they’re going to throw the app away and start again based on our feedback! I merely suggested that I *hope* they’ve taken one or more of or more significant suggestions to heart...A man can dream, can’t he!? 😀

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, that’s some pretty awesome news in the email we just received. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes, already encountered a new crash bug though, so not a good start!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yep especially the Apple TV app intergration very happy with that
Anonymous User
Not applicable
You shouldn’t reveal details here really.
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Just received the email re:latest build so will start update and see what's new and any bugs resolved?

nst
Elite

interesting to see what happens from here on in and whether things speed up.

Frustrating to know what we can and cant discuss in here.

But what the heck.. ive been vocal about my disappointment for the lack of boost and am quite unpleasantly surprised that it remains off the beta.  build 2 and no boost.  

As ive said before, as much as I and many others have been waiting for this new app for literally years... if its released without boost I simply will not be able to use it and thats such a shame.  Thats not me being stubborn or entitled... just the fact I expect 1080p minimum picture quality and I pay for boost so of course ill only ever be able to use a device to watch it that supports boost and I desperately want that device to be my appleTV.

Without boost ill find it harder and harder to contribute something meaningful to the Beta trial as I wont sit down and watch a movie or TV show in 720.

Fingers crossed its going to find its way in there before the beta finishes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@nst

Whilst I understand your requirement for 1080p this is far for important when certain *key* functionality still doesn’t work, yes this core functionality it’s a known issue but come one!

I’m not holding hope on this being released in a timely manner, from now that is.
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Totally agree with the sentiment.

Ive yet to look at beta 2 will do so later this evening.

However, of course the Boost support is much lower down the list of priorities than basic functionality but my hope is that it will be 'switched on' (after all its only a higher quality stream) in a later beta but certainly before it goes live.

I know i must seem to bang on about boost a lot - its just that in 2020, with the function already available on other supported platforms - it seems like a travesty to even contemplate  that the long awaited AppleTV app on the HD and 4K boxes wont be in 1080p  Dolby 5.1!

Again, it will be with a very heavy heart as I simply will not be able to use the app if it is unsupported  and have to stick with the truly awful NowTV box which does.

Who knows.. maybe the app is heading for a new golden era 🙂 with regular updates as often as the iOS counterparts get.... we can but dream 

nst
Elite

I have to ask...

Anyone else struggling to see where the changes are?  Have I done something wrong because it feels like the same app as beta 1 - definitely updated it though.