cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
ukbobboy
Legend

T'aint gonna 'appen.

Sad Emoji05.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Would be happy to pay for a third party app that worked.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It won’t be too much longer everyone I know we have been waiting a long while but they are defo engaging with the community now expect we will have a new app by the end of Summer. The virus will have defo delayed the development but it is happening. 

Hooba
Scholar 3

At what point are people going to accept that NowTV on AppleTV is a complete mess that NowTV has no intention of cleaning up?

The current Beta expires in a couple of weeks. If, just supposing, a 'new' Beta gets released a week or two after the current Beta expires, which is exactly the same as the first Beta, would that be enough?

They have had, literally, years to do something about the app. Covid-19 has less than ###### all to do with a lack of updates. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Or the whole Covid thing may make them think they have to sort it out?? Just a thought
nst
Elite

I must admit, I am rather disappointed with the Beta trial so far.

Im not sure what I was expecting, but at least some kind of responsive, communicative, iterative approach.   Bugs reported, Bugs fixed, new Beta builds issued.... heading towards the public release....

However we have only one build, of course its got a few issues its only beta 1 build 1.... a survey taken 4 weeks after the build was released, but nothing since.  Silence.

I would like to see, as a Beta Tester, the trials team to at least keep us all informed whats happening.  We've got nothing.

I imagine most testers have faded away having reported the first batch of bugs but with no additional release to test then whats there to do?

Surely the testers should be engaged, and kept engaged in the process.

And yes, the current build will expire in a few weeks so lets hope it doesnt fall into a black hole.

I did ask the trials team whats going on, and they are of course working on a new Beta for us to test but cant say when it will be ready.

To those waiting... "by the end of summer".... lets hope so eh.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I wouldn’t hold my breath, been following this thread for 5 years and on the current beta. Whilst I have had questions back from the beta trials manager and got replies to queries, this all seems too slow.

Not sure what they are up to, whilst I have got a current pass to test this beta I have found I am getting better value as it’s easier to find content to watch, and almost possible to track what you’re watching (bar bugs).

But what is going on? Obviously NowTV is Skys ‘test’ platform to keep a toe in the cord cutters market. But come on 720p and stereo steams as standard when most are 1080p and 5.1 minimum.

Worse Sky is owned by Comast now, so an even bigger company.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have to admit, even though it has its bugs i do find it more enjoyable to use and easier to find content i want to watch.

I do find it frustrating that its all very quiet there end and there isnt much interaction with us regarding the trial.

Hopefully not to much longer and we have some answers.

nst
Elite

i would suggest we all start emailing the trails manager.

Not to be a nuisance.... but to remind them that at least some of the trialists are still engaged, still interested, and keen to crack on with this.

I really think they need to be a bit more proactive with communicating on what is essentially an active beta trial.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Spoiler
I emailed the trails manager yesterday 

lots to sort out for the 2nd build and expiry date getting close 

I wonder if the imminent release of a new Apple TV box is slowing things down?

p