cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User The new beta version of the Now TV app for Apple TV does benefit from the Continue Watching, and Watchlist features you wish for. However, in its current state, they've lost the ability to use the iPhone remote. I'm hoping they change that before it's released.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been watching this forum for ages and ages, and we are still waiting for it. I am not sure what they are waiting for. 

I even cancelled it 3 months ago, then they offered me 3 months for £1.80pm , now today that was expiring to go back to £8.99 and they automatically offered me £1.99 pm for 6 months without asking. Not sure why ? maybe they realise im using a crap app on the Apple TV and felt embarrassed. But whatever I will stick with it for £1.99 pm for now, but will think again in 6 months if the app is not updated to have iOS functionality, and live pause and maybe capability of the boost option which is not available on the 4k Apple TV. also finally, would love the watch list to be added to the Apple TV integration watch next as I use that on all the catchups, and we hardly use Freeview anymore at all, works a treat with them all and amazon, appletv+ works well.

Now Sky sort the app out soon, just release something for the sake of this forums sanity.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

It has been seriously delayed I agree with you but it is properly looked at and there will be a new app as soon as the Beta app bugs are worked out some things will probably not come straight away but the main requests you want will. It has likely been delayed a bit as well due to the current circumstances but it's not been forgotten i would be surprised if by June/July it's not released to all

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I would just like the live pause to be fair, I have young children that struggle at bed time and would be a massive boost for me to be able to pause what I’m watching whilst I sort them out, it can’t be that hard to do for the Apple TV or like I said before maybe I missing something as to why they can’t do it.

nst
Elite

I must admit the live pause is something that I never even contemplated using, let alone even knowing of its non-existence.

I suppose therefore you watch stuff 'live' via the entertainment pass and the TV guide thing.  I always wondered why they bothered with that for two reasons... firstly that the solution they present is somewhat unusable due to its strictly 'Now' and 'Next' - I know its not really supposed to be a full 7 day TV guide but honestly..  

Secondly I guess Ive always seen NowTV as a catchup service.  I admit its been handy on the odd occasion when something is in my watchlist and I notice that its currently being broadcast as I look.. its handy to have the option to start from the beginning (the same as you can via iPlayer etc)

I wonder.. here's a thought.  Ive noticed that when something is on my watchlist,  say it starts broadcasting at 8pm... at 8.01 or such time I can start playing it from my watchlist (as I say I never really go to that on now thing), and actually the whole episode finishes before the broadcast as the watchlist version has no ads.  Can you not try this method i.e. watching from your watchlist instead of the 'live' stuff and then of course you can pause all you like - added bonus of not having to sit through ads?

I always saw the 'live' stuff as a bit of a waste of time - why not just go off you watchlist?

nst
Elite

Its all gone a bit quiet again hasn't it 🙂

I find myself wondering out loud... and within the confines of whats reasonable to discuss in public of course....

We had a week to fill in the first survey.  that deadline passed a week ago.  I wonder when we will get some feedback on that and more importantly a revised build to get our teeth into?

mmmm.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst I guess they could release a big fix update anytime now. But if they want to assess the results of the survey, and make significant changes as a result, that would most likely mean a delay of at least a few weeks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had a query on a bug I reported yesterday, so gives me confidence they are still working on this. 

Would be nice to see a new beta build though, even if not all reported bugs fixed. 

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

I agree.  Id much prefer to see regular, smaller build updates every few weeks that just address one or two issues, rather than have to wait 8 weeks or so until we get another build that may or may not be a more comprehensive set of fixes 

(unless of course we get boost support in which case its all good 🙂 )

Gave the beta a good workout following the release, reported issues & observations, did survey, but have gradually drifted back to using the Roku SS+ (primarily to “boost” the audio to 5.1 for movies).