cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar 2

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

@MrZippy i agree with you on this you shouldnty have to think about it.

On a nowtv box the ff/rew is just as bad, one thing i do miss when i was forced to use the nowtv box was the ability to pause live tv or movies, would love this feature on the apple tv, i mean would it be that hard to do or am i missing something? surely if you can do it on a nowtv box then a far superior box like apple tv should be able to do it?

Highlighted
Mentor

That would be a basic function but it is not the same across different platforms, I use Sumsung TV app, Apple TV and fire stick, all completely different. Apple TV is the worse one of the lot.

NowTV sort it out. Spend ages creating wish lists on other devices for you to have to manually search for them on my appleTV.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

I have been using my apple remote and watch perfectly fine - Well as poor as the apple remote anyway - lol

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 2

@TomNubbert We’re talking about the new beta test version, not the current version available on the App Store. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert

@Dean0989 

in fairness though doesn’t the NowTV remote actually have a dedicated fast forward button so it doesn’t matter how it works in the UI. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 2

Yeah it does but I can’t pause live tv on the Apple TV app which is a pain.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Using the appletv app so not using a nowtv box or remote
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 2

@TomNubbert The new beta version of the Now TV app for Apple TV does benefit from the Continue Watching, and Watchlist features you wish for. However, in its current state, they've lost the ability to use the iPhone remote. I'm hoping they change that before it's released.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

Been watching this forum for ages and ages, and we are still waiting for it. I am not sure what they are waiting for. 

I even cancelled it 3 months ago, then they offered me 3 months for £1.80pm , now today that was expiring to go back to £8.99 and they automatically offered me £1.99 pm for 6 months without asking. Not sure why ? maybe they realise im using a crap app on the Apple TV and felt embarrassed. But whatever I will stick with it for £1.99 pm for now, but will think again in 6 months if the app is not updated to have iOS functionality, and live pause and maybe capability of the boost option which is not available on the 4k Apple TV. also finally, would love the watch list to be added to the Apple TV integration watch next as I use that on all the catchups, and we hardly use Freeview anymore at all, works a treat with them all and amazon, appletv+ works well.

Now Sky sort the app out soon, just release something for the sake of this forums sanity.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert

@Papasmurf 

It has been seriously delayed I agree with you but it is properly looked at and there will be a new app as soon as the Beta app bugs are worked out some things will probably not come straight away but the main requests you want will. It has likely been delayed a bit as well due to the current circumstances but it's not been forgotten i would be surprised if by June/July it's not released to all