cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Firstly I make general comments that could be just as relevant to the Irish app which I downloaded previously to check out. 

Anyway I quite like their custom player controls, a lot easier to use than the native ones for info about what watching and setting audio and subtitles and seeing how long left.  Maybe they could be a little more compact though as take a lot of the screen up, also of course need proper remote support. 

Without specifics without full iOS remote support what do you think happens when entering a PIN, everyone can see you type it!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not very clever that the controls for showing/hiding the subtitles actually cover up the subtitles! There's a good reason why Apple put that stuff at the top of the screen 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I agree the control panel isn't awful (apart from FF/REW!) but I'd much rather have a consistent experience across all Apple TV apps. You shouldn't have to think about what app is running when trying to access basic functionality.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@MrZippy i agree with you on this you shouldnty have to think about it.

On a nowtv box the ff/rew is just as bad, one thing i do miss when i was forced to use the nowtv box was the ability to pause live tv or movies, would love this feature on the apple tv, i mean would it be that hard to do or am i missing something? surely if you can do it on a nowtv box then a far superior box like apple tv should be able to do it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That would be a basic function but it is not the same across different platforms, I use Sumsung TV app, Apple TV and fire stick, all completely different. Apple TV is the worse one of the lot.

NowTV sort it out. Spend ages creating wish lists on other devices for you to have to manually search for them on my appleTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been using my apple remote and watch perfectly fine - Well as poor as the apple remote anyway - lol

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User We’re talking about the new beta test version, not the current version available on the App Store. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

in fairness though doesn’t the NowTV remote actually have a dedicated fast forward button so it doesn’t matter how it works in the UI. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yeah it does but I can’t pause live tv on the Apple TV app which is a pain.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Using the appletv app so not using a nowtv box or remote