cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m concerned at the silence too, when I emailed them directly I did get serval responses quickly. It was indicated one of my bugs was believed to be fixed internally, that was 3 weeks ago. I can’t see why this stuff can’t be worked on at home, unless the likely small team is all sick. 

I have several functionality issues logged, some with regard to watchlist and my tv not working correctly. Which of course is key desired functionality that’s missing in the old released Apple TV app. 

I am watching more on NowTV now with this beta as it’s easier to find stuff to watch, and sort of possible to work out what the next episode it, most of the time!

Add the functionality issues to the cosmetic ones and the missing boost and it’s got a way to go!  But is still better than the released app that goes to a black screen at the end of every episode, never returning the the menu, amongst numerous issues from 5 years ago. 

nst
Elite

I dont think we should be too specific in here. Just in case.

However, yes, there are a few things needing addressing though let’s remember we are talking about Beta 1, Build 1.  It is for this reason its unfair to discuss publicly any shortcomings as they need time to work on them.

I would certainly share the concern that things dont seem to be moving at all at the moment.   I would have hoped from some more communication, and at least to be on build 2 by now.

Im hoping they have the message that boost is highly requested and should not be left out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

does anyone understand the first survey 'scale' thing that was sent out today?

johnyslats83
Mentor

Slide your score to 100 and ‘slide’ the other scores to 0

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yeah, but it's a rather odd way of doing a survey don't you think? anyway, it's done. 🙂 

johnyslats83
Mentor

Very. Only figured it out when it wouldn’t submit 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So from their email, without giving too much away, a much-requested feature has definitely been noted! No need for users to keep on mentioning this and a couple of other features because they are now on their development radar (but does sound like won't be in this update).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes would agree

though the test we just had to undertake has not been an issue we have experienced at all. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not received no survey, 

nst
Elite

well, one thing *might* make it before release,  One thing *wont* make it before release.

In my opinion, one of them is essential (the might) and the other is a very nice to have but as its a unique bit of functionality on the AppleTV platform I can appreciate why its a *wont*.

However, that being said the *wont* isn't a *never* as the app will continue to be refined after general release - so there is hope.  Enough of us have requested it for them to mention it after all.

As long as the app isn't released and then abandoned for another 4.5 years ill be happy.

(sorry for the cryptic nature but those who got the email know the two things im talking about)