cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755

Same here re (lack of support for) Boost, got reply saying raised with dev team. Mainly I miss the enhancement to 5.1 sound. Not so much PQ as tv seems to upscale it very well, but obvs no sport at present where 50fps counts.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes, nothing either way so hopefully they’re open to adding it. There is always a possibility it’s a licensing issue, if more users use 1080p they have to pay more for content.
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

I am on the beta test app on apple,and it is pretty good, but the lack of boost is a problem that I hope they rectify before the test ends, and they put it out to the public domain 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’d suggest you use it a bit as there are a lot of issues, essentially it doesn’t really offer more than the current app.  Please report the issues and suggestions!

It does look pretty, with some bizarre layout choices, matching some of their other devices. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just want up next, it’s a pain in the ###### trying to remember where we’re up to with the different things we’re watching!

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Hi

Compared to the old app it is night and day,I have binged watched 10 episodes of aircraft investigation and save me too also, it may have a few bugs and strange layout, but the watch next feature is miles ahead of the black screen after a episode on the old app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Let hope they hurry up and release it!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Let’s hold our horses, it’s certainly not suitable for release at the moment. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just took a step back and thought it worth again mentioning how insane is it that we are trying to pressure a company into adding a feature (Boost) that will enable us to spend more money with them! 

nst
Elite

Totally agree.

As Ive said a few times, the very thought that an updated app for the AppleTV could be released in 2020 without support for boost is insane.

The appleTV’s hardware is more than up to the job.  Of course, as many have pointed out we are able to stream from Netflix, Amazon, iTunes, and Disney+ in 4K.  That’s 4K... not 1080p (a quarter of the resolution no less!).

My feeling is that the app will support it... *hopefully* at launch.  After all, its not as if boost is something they are keeping as an exclusive for their own box... (which is business suicide given the potential audience out there willing to pay £3 per month who aren’t using the NowTV box).... they already support it on the PS4 after all.

Personally speaking... as someone who has been waiting for this update for the full 4 1/2 years and courting.... I simply will NOT be able to use it if they decide that its not going to support Boost.  I have a NowTV box which I bought as a stop gap and I am itching to get rid of it... however you cannot deny that 1080p content on it using boost is noticeably superior - I pay £3 a month and I’m unwilling to use the app if its not supported.

I do not have any live TV capabilities in the house anymore.  No Sky, no Freeview, No Virgin.  My entire TV watching is done on the AppleTV ... and its a GREAT experience... I have surprised myself how painless its been to ‘cut the cord’ .. however one BIG contribution here is the AppleTV TV app - this is so useful and essential for this to work.  The fact that Disney+ integrates is great too.... however the exceptions being Netflix and NowTV are only a click away (with their own continue watching / up next list) assuming they all work on the AppleTV - so come on NowTV... boost is essential.

I have said this before but I encourage all those on the trial to keep on badgering NowTV and leave them in no doubt that launching without Boost support is insane.