cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
nst
Elite

lets just say that should be standard functionality across the current software on supported platforms.

So, when the revised AppleTV app is released, a watchlist and watch next feature should appear for functional parity.

As an aside, one feature I find annoying in most watchlists (and I include Netflix in this), is that when you have come to the end of a series, the continue watching is finished.  A year later when the next series is released (or broadcast), the first episode of the new series does not appear in the continue watching lists... its up to you to know that a new series has started, and to watch the first episode 'manually' before the rest of the series automatically appears one episode at a time in the continue watching list.

I watch the DC superhero stuff on Sky1, and there has been a long break in-between seasons... now this week that the new episodes are available, the Continue Watching is still 'broken' on my NowTV box and iOS app... id have hoped that it would inform me but seems I have to manually watch the next episode for this to kick in again.

That being said, I do feel this is one of the big strengths of the Apple TV app, as it seems to continue functioning when a new series appears of a show that is in your 'up next' list.  I just wish that Netflix, and NowTV join the party.  Disney+ has just launched and seems to be able to play nice with the TV app.... they all should in my opinion.

Yes @Anonymous User  the NowTV app on (proper) Roku devices (and presumably also on NOW TV own brand devices) “normally shows which episodes are viewed and also correctly tracks the continue watching episode”. They call it a Watchlist feature and a Continue Watching feature in the Roku app. So I would think that the beta app for tv should at least do the same (he said writing lines that hopefully you can read between! 😂)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve spoken via email with the trials team and believe my unstated issue with the beta app is known and is being fixed. 

I’d better not go into specifics.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm pleased to say the trials team have been quite responsive to my reports. Hopefully this means they're really trying it get it right.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree, I sent an email asking about something and they replied fairly quickly... lets hope!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes seems positive so far, you’d hope bugs will be promptly fixed from this. Issue will be suggestions as it will be a few individuals suggesting changes that differ from the NowTV blueprint as it were. 

I known Apple have human interface guidelines for iOS / macOS, would imagine they do for tvOS. You’d hope like many other U.K. providers they’d follow the normal layout. Saying that Netflix doesn’t and that works very well, Amazon not so much!

nst
Elite

My biggest fear for the app is the absence of support for Boost.

I truly hope that when it is launched that Boost is included.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did formally email this to the trails team too. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Did they reply to that?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It would be a very handy feature, I mean I’m looking for a full recording service like sky a had but a live pause/ rewind feature would be great.