cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, didn't want to be surprised... Thanks for the trigger warning.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi I’ve just applied to test the app over the weekend and got a email relply today with invite and download link so must be some spaces left guys hope u get a spot as this is awesome com-paired to the old one 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please make sure you file bug reports via the form link in the email. 

I won’t go into detail for obvious reasons but I have found incorrect functionality and crash bugs, never mind cosmetic layout suggestions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What email address do I use when reporting faults, the one connected to my Apple device or the one I signed up with ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve used my Apple ID but doubt it matters as suspect it’s for follow up on any reports. 

This beta doesn’t seem too organised as not getting confirmed bug IDs yet, so how would you know if fixed so you can retest. 

Although this is early days, and I can see why not released to the public. 

@Anonymous User Unlike beta trialling on Sky “in times gone by” which, as well as a reporting mechanism also had special discussion boards for triallists, fault (bug) reporting to NOWTV has generally been a one way communication in my recent past experience. There may be surveys but again no results ever revealed. I don’t expect this time to be any different to be honest. So all you can do is keep filing reports!

nst
Elite

guys.. (who are involved in the trial)...

Im not going to discuss specifics in here now, as Im not sure on any NDA arrangements..

However there is an email address that you can easily find on your trial emails....

I emailed this chap asking why Boost wasn't supported and got a personal reply today.

I have also submitted a number of fault reports using the linked-to online form.

So, there is someone there at the end of an email and they do reply.

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Hi @nst 

What was the reply they gave you re: boost for the beta app

nst
Elite

I dont mean to be unhelpful in here, but as I said best not go into detail about aspects of the beta app.  Amongst other reasons its not fair to discuss it when there will be several iterations during the testing cycle.  We are only on the first.

However, I would say this as an aside.

In my opinion, the Boost add-on is something that ALL platforms should be accommodating.  From a business perspective, you'd want as many of your installed active user base as possible to have the ability to pay an additional £3 per month.

I honestly never considered the possibility that an updated app on the AppleTV4K / HD box would not support boost.

Personally speaking, all this waiting, and testing will come to nothing for me if they choose to release a new app without boost - its a function I pay for, the picture and sound is a significant improvement, and I would not be able to ditch my NowTV box for the appleTV app if it didnt support this.

Therefore, in summary, I would urge as many of the beta testers as possible to politely remind NowTV of this, get in touch, email the trials manager, and leave them with a clear idea that leaving boost support off the platform is a non-starter!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I ask if NowTV normally shows which episodes are viewed and also correctly tracks the continue watching episode?

I’ve only ever really used the old tvOS app and that doesn’t do either at all. 

I can’t comment on the beta but think you can read between the lines.