cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 👍🏻 Apparently “somebody I know” has also used that form to submit 4 issues and 4 suggestions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This is exactly the same layout as it is on my youview box

The most annoying thing so far is that there is no easy way to skip back
and forwards 10 seconds at a time or see what time your program will end at
which is a really useful feature
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Not only that, but you can’t swipe on the touchpad to quickly slide the progress bar along, and it doesn’t seem to support the iOS remote app, or the remote control in Control Center. Instead, there are UI buttons for fast forward and rewind that make it go progressively faster with repeated presses. It feels designed for a normal remote, not the Apple TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable
My guess is they want to keep it as proprietary to Sky/NowTV as possible and I’d assume this version of the video player experience is uniform across their hardware and apps. I get that brand is important but user experience is more important. All other main video apps on the Apple TV seem to be built on apples video player so everything works as expected. This is the lone wolf doing it their own way and unfortunately it makes it more difficult to use. We really should be able to swipe through a recording like in any other app. Anyway hopefully the survey next week will give testers the opportunity to feedback on feature requests like this.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don’t mind the video player as such as the Apple one is so boring. But not being able to swipe forwards is annoying. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

bob,that’s amusing...have you added ice?

😂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Funny bloke😂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, as a blind user of Apple TV using VoiceOver, I'd like to give the beta a go to make sure that it is accessible as possible for the public release. how do I get on the beta? It is my assumption that there are going to be few blind testers and I'll be pretty furious if the app comes out lacking accessibility seeing as Apple TV is currently the only accessible way for a VoiceOver user to access any of the connect, aside from the IOS app of course.

Thanks  🙂 🕶

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Spoiler
Spoiler
@Anonymous User 

http://emea.focusvision.com/survey/selfserve/23c1/200301

That’s the original link posted here for signing up. He did say there was only 40 places on the beta. Good luck 👍🏻

Anonymous User
Not applicable

http://emea.focusvision.com/survey/selfserve/23c1/200301 

@Anonymous User 

I don’t know how I managed to hide my previous reply inside spoiler boxes!!