cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Hi

As the new beta trial started yesterday, all beta testers are under NDA  t&c, and as such should not be disclosing anything re:nowtv app on apple tv 

Customers not in the trial can discuss as much as they like.

P.S

I like the new app bythe way.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nothing on either emails mentions an NDA by the way 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yea I didn't see anything either - although I decided not to talk about the testing app on here anyway.

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Yes it's not on my email either,but if you looked at the test flight, before downloading the app,the terms & conditions which are long winded are supposed to be read and only let the developers know any bugs or crashes re:beta app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Without talking about the beta app, I will reference the Irish app which can be viewed on the App Store and purchased in a round about way. 

How do people feel about the Home, Search, TV guide, Account being at the bottom. I find this annoying and counter intuitive. 

I checked out the Roku app and this content slides from the left, so it’s not a NowTV thing per se. I’d expect this to be at the top, maybe the single ‘Menu’ button press to make appear as per the default app layout on tvOS. 

Whilst I hate the Amazon Prime app at least the navigation is at the top where it should be. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Let me put it this way...I hadn’t even found those buttons until you mentioned it! Totally unintuitive, and inconsistent with every other app out there!

@Anonymous User Perhaps you could use the fault report to not only submit “issues” but also submit “feature requests” (such as your suggestions for change)? That’s probably what I would do if (ahem) I were a beta trialist... 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have already completed 10 feedbacks on the app, if every beta tester does this hopefully we’ll see some improvements. 

Of course they may not listen as someone decided to do things there way they are, some people think they know best!

But regardless the new (Irish) app is way better than the publicly released 5 year old one!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you've sent feedback already? My email said they would be sending a survey out to us next week for feedback....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User The email also includes a link for reporting issues.