cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What’s worse is the arrogant attitude that their service is so desirable people will pay for a sub standard app, and where available pay extra for better quality of the same content. 

Although Netflix do offer a non HD service I suppose, but it’s below the advised core price. Plus Amazon Prime Video and Disney+ both include UHD in their standard, and only price tier. 

Hmmm...

nst
Elite

I dont want to bash NowTV, and I enjoy it and I very much like the content.

However, taking a step back it is true that most if not all other streaming services offer HD or even UHD as a part of the 'standard' tiers.

People are comparing Disney+... and although that is all very well - the content is very different and I would suggest that once youve watched all the Marvel films again, and all the Star Wars films again... there are only really a few unique original series a year that are of interest.

Personally I want to see the Marvel Series but will wait until they have completed before taking a 1 month £4.99 subscription and watching them.. and then cancelling until the next one.

You do have to wonder though... how Disney+, Amazon etc offer 1080p as standard and also UHD too at those price points... when NowTV are adding an additional £3 for it.. and worse still trying to force you into platform and hardware choices that you dont want to do.

Back to the topic in hand... PLEASE NowTV dont launch the new AppleTV app without boos support.  Ive been waiting long enough but simply cannot use it without.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Result I’m on the beta!

Lets hope it’s a bug free experience so it can be rolled out to all users ASAP. 

They’ve got my money again for the time being, will they keep me subscribing is the question. Depends how good the app is. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Guys.

if you are on the ATV beta App trial or any other NowTV trial, then you are under a NDA and all comments and feed back must be sent directly to the NowTV Trials Team and not mentioned on the public forum here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Braindome make sure you formally feedback these comments and issues to the beta/trials team. 

Also as said probably shouldn’t be discussed here.  I haven’t got back home yet to do test flight so not seen an NDA yet but imagine I will when I go to install. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Double check your communication with the NowTV Trials Team.

Normally you would be under a NDA where perhaps due to that the latest ATV App has already been released and in general use in the Republic of Ireland there is no NDA.

Get some clarification from the NowTV Trials Team if you haven't signed or agreed to a NDA before divulging too much information on the public forum.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apologies, I hadn't realised that. Can't see a way to delete my message. Moderators, please feel free to remove it!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am not on the ATV Beta trial where i only own a ATV generation 3 older box 😡.

So i don't know for sure if the NDA is applicable on this trial or not, especially with the App already available and able to use in the ROI to the general public.

Just thought i would mention it just in case (better to be safe than sorry).

Get some clarification from the NowTV Trials Team if you haven't already agreed to any NDA.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps. I haven't seen any mention of an NDA, but I'm sure it's better if I keep my feedback between myself and the Trials Team for now regardless. I was excited to be on the beta, and didn't really think. As an app developer myself, I should know better!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, Im fairly new to Now TV and I have just tried the beta version for Apple TV. It seems a lot better than the existing app and appears similar to the exisiting phone app

My question is about boost. I am aware that it's not  currently on Apple TV and there has been quite alot of dissatisfaction about this. However, if you want to watch films on your TV and with boost, is the smart stick not the answer? ( I don't have a games console or a LG TV)

Thanks