cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes thanks Karl for letting us know!

Juhunio
Mentor

@Karl-F thanks for engaging with the discussion, it really helps to know this isn't just shouting into the void!

I've signed up to the BETA, happy to help and get this update rolled out

Cheers!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tha k you for the update, Any timeframe on when the beta will start? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK well we're at least getting somewhere!

Has everyone watched the first episode of the new series of Westworld? We found it extremely difficult to hear dialogue in places, the background music was great (and bassy) but it overwhelmed some of the speech in places to the point where we had to switch on subtitles (particularly in the last 20 minutes). I'm wondering if this is because of the currently AppleTV offering only being in stereo, whereas 5.1 might have the music more on rear speakers and not overwhelm the centre/front channels?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great news the Apple TV is no longer being ignored and neglected.

I have signed up to the trial - hopefully I get selected if not I look forward to actually using NowTv more in the future. The apple TV app not supporting boost and being awful is the SOLE reason I do not have a sky sports subscription with you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

50% of the show was inaudible.  I've even got Sonos Beam which has been great in enhancing audio but still could not hear the dialogue. 

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User wrong thread?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now that we know they’re definitely listening as well as Boost, please please please consider integrating with the Apple TV app so NowTV content appears in up next. 

I use that functionality way more to select what I want to watch rather than going into apps themselves to browse.

thanks for listening to us!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, that would be great!

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User I have made this point myself a number of times.

This would be phenomenal. 

As you, I use this all the time, and it is SO handy for content coming from iPlayer, All4, ITV Hub, Demand 5, and Amazon Prime.

I recently cancelled my SkyQ, and used to rely on a PVR (for many many years in fact).  The ONLY reason I felt comfortable making the switch was because of the Apple TV app's up next functionality.  If this was not working, it would be such a pain hunting around all the other apps for new episodes of series I am watching.

Having said that, Netflix's decision to NOT integrate has been quite annoying, and disappointing, as it would be very helpful if they did - so I find myself having to look in Netflix to check if there are any new episodes of shows I want to watch also.  Of course at the moment I am also having to do this on NowTV too.

So, NowTV, please.. do what Amazon and the terrestrial broadcasters have done, and integrate with AppleTV.  Im sure its not a difficult thing to do otherwise nobody else would have done it.