cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User - if you don't mind me asking, how did you get your entertainment pass for £1.60 per month? Thats way lower than any of the offers I've ever seen....!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I said I was leaving and said it's partly because of the awful NOW TV app
and lack of surround sound as standard and that boost mode was a cynical
cash grab. It was then when they offered me three months for £1.60 per
month.

I was very surprised by this and took the offer up because series 10b of
The
Walking Dead is due back soon and £1.60 a month is peanuts basically.

I do intend to cancel after this offer because I'm sick of the way they are
treating NOW TV customers, especially those with an Apple TV box.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah ok, thanks for responding @Anonymous User - I do agree that the app is awful, lets hope they sort it soon!

nst
Elite

Interesting observation...

There are 5 separate threads on the first page of this forum... all to do with AppleTV.

Arguably a couple of the threads are totally unnecessary..  as the underlying issue for EVERYONE is that the app is 4 years old and not fit for purpose.  The answer to ALL the queries is basically "the app is 4 years old"

What this shows me is that there is significant demand for a functional AppleTV app.

It also shows me that the current app, in its current form, is totally unacceptable and should be removed from the app store in its entirety rather than enticing new customers to download it and be shocked at its state.

I cannot imagine any other company selling a product or subscription who advertise a platform as supported yet the experience on that platform is significantly under par when compared to the other platforms.  They would either pull their finger out and update the app, or drop the platform altogether - leaving the app as it is at the moment is nothing short of embarrassing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes couldn’t agree more they have been told by many people on here and the response is we are working on a new app please keep your eye on the nowtv community. Been told it will be later this year but quite frankly the current app is simply shocking. I’ve said it numerous times as have many others.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A friend was just cancelling NowTV Movies due to the AppleTV shambles and generally starting to cut monthly costs and after about 4 pages of 'ARE YOU SURE' it offered him 3 months for free. Not sure if this is the same for everyone, but worth a try - it's a service that doesn't delivery what's promised so we shouldn't be paying full price anyways.

He did the same with Entertainment which ended up with a 20% or so discount for a few months too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well the app has had its monthly update and still not universal in the U.K. release. The Irish app is still in parity, and still universal. 

Mmmm, I feel better about this now I’m not paying them any money!

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are working really hard to complete all the necessary fixes to launch the newest version of the NOW TV app on Apple devices in the UK and we will make this available to customers as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we are inviting customers to register to take part in a beta trial of this update. We have 40 spaces available, but if you have already signed up to this trial, you won't be able to sign up for a second time. You must also have an Apple TV 4 or above.

UPDATE: Trial is now closed.

We'll keep you posted on progress via the Community. We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused.

NOW TV Team

nst
Elite

thank you @Karl-F its nice to have an official statement.

Signed up, hopefully I can contribute to the trial and help this get launched as soon as possible to the UK.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

About time, I have just registered but doubt will be accepted as don’t have a current pass active due to the current app being so poor. 

Shame as I’m very good and finding and reporting bugs, I recently did a user acceptance test of a website at work and single handed found 180 issues!