cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
nst
Elite

it isn't,

I got my hopes up with people discussing it in the AppleTV beta thread..

however the wording is:

We are on the lookout for early look trialist to take part in our latest trial. The update that we are sharing is an early version of some new updates to NOW TV experience. It won’t be perfect to start with, but we need your help and feedback to get it ready to launch.

The devices that the NOW TV Trial app will be available on are:

• NOW TV Smart Stick
  • NOW TV Smart Box (with Freeview)
  • NOW TV Smart Box (4K ready with Voice Search)
  • NOW TV Black Box

so.. not the AppleTV then.

Interesting that they are ploughing on with more updates to the NowTV boxes (as I suspect their primary focus).... whilst leaving other platforms languishing in the mud.

For goodness sake... update the UK appleTV app - we aren't even asking for more development resources.. just copy the app to the UK store and let us use it!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There are TWO trials. The first covering Roku devices, the second due imminently is for (I’m saying no more). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will be the nowtv boost or BT sport app. Like @nst as said just release the Apple app. But sadly this is it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @nst 

I linked to the Apple TV thread where 2 users have received emails about an upcoming beta test. Not the current trial already taking place for their own devices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don’t think the NowTV is for boost or BT sport in fairness as surely boost is already out fully on those devices and all that is left to do is add 50fps to remaining sports channels wouldn’t need trial for that.

In regards to BT Sport App I wouldn’t think NowTV would be doing bets on that surely the reliability of that is down to BT itself as it will just be an app like they have for iOS and Android but works on the boxes ? Unless we are thinking it is going be built into the NowTV EPG

nst
Elite

Well I emailed customer support. 

of course I got a bit of a non descript reply. They basically said that there is not an upcoming beta trial that would replace the now tv app for Apple TV. 

so the usual random information with nothing confirmed or denied. 

frustrating 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst The reply From one of the people on here he got from Emma @ nowtv it clearly stated that they were working on the app. I wouldn’t bother what customer support say there telling you a pack of lies. Nowtv help twitter have confirmed that the app will be updated but gave no time frame. So ignore customer support or customer care they know nothing.

here the reply user Breaking_Bad got from Emma @nowtv. 

I emailed Jeremy Darroch to complain about the state of the Apple TV app last week. Got a response this week from someone in the executive complaints team. It seems to say it’s happening this year, but no better timescale than that was given :-(. 

I’m replying to this via my iPad, and cannot figure out how to upload the screenshot of the email - if anyone can help I’m happy to upload it. 

This is what it says though:

Thank you for contacting NOW TV. Your case has been escalated to myself in the Executive Complaints team.

I have reviewed your complaint and I can understand the frustration in relation to the update for the NOW TV app available on Apple TV.

I have checked with our technical teams and there has been a delay in the release of the update in the UK. It is scheduled for later this year but I cannot give you a confirmed date at this time.

The technical teams have advised that you may wish to continue to monitor the Community page as we may invite some customers to take part in a trial before the official release of the update.

I'm sorry that I don't have better news for you and respect your decision should you choose to move services. If you have any further concerns/queries please feel free to let me know and I will address these by return.

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

Thanks,

Emma @ The NOW TV Team”

nst
Elite

emma does like her cut and paste doesnt she.

I do wish someone with that reply would reply back to her and ask her why its a different version to that which is already released in Ireland and Italy.

the implication being we, in the UK, will get something else.... something newer...otherwise there is one already we can have.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fully agree @nst 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Completely agree. Buying a nowTV stick just shows NowTV that
more people are happy with that set up. I'm going to continue to
use my entertainment pass on my Apple4K box until my offer ends
only paying £1.60 a month.

When I leave I will choose the option 'other' and this will give me
an opportunity to tell them that I am leaving because of the awful
NowTV app on the Apple 4K box