cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I previously posted picture and I believe the link. Link doesn’t work on an apple mobile device as redirects to the App Store app giving an error not available in your region. 

Try ‘NowTV ie iOS’ or something similar, or look back in this tread.   If that doesn’t work set Google region to Ireland. 

Try this, just found quickly when looked:-

https://apps.apple.com/ie/app/now-tv-ireland/id1190333186

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Note it’s the same version and change log as the U.K. release, expect that isn’t a universal iOS / tvOS app here. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This treatment of NowTV customers is so bad, I still think they should remove AppleTV from their list of supported devices (or at least caveat this to show that MyTV and other functions aren't included). I wonder if any UK tech magazines/websites would be interested in writing about this?

Also did you see the story about the homework App in China, schools are using it exponentially to set homework for quarantined students, so the students have banded together to give it a 1 star review, when it hits a 1* average rating, it's could get removed from the app store!

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/coronavirus-quarantine-children-china...

NowTV somehow has a rating of 4.5 from 20,000 reviews, sadly I don't think we are enough people to lower it that much and we have probably mostly all rated it badly already 😞 Interesting that the reviews are very polarised, probably 1* for some devices, 4/5* for others.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The tvOS app I thought was 1 star when I last looked. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh my bad, I thought it showed the overall app review, of course it's by device and I was looking on the iPad not AppleTV.

Incidentally I have started watching NowTV more on a LG TV and noticed it now has annoying (I think unskippable) trailers before some programmes, nice that they have time to develop this but not update the AppleTV app. Then again, when they do, we'll have this annoyance as well!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As a blind user of the service and Apple TV being the only platform on which it's completely accessible it is a frustration. I've got boost too for the better sound and am having to use a now tv stick for this functionality and control from the now tv app on my iPhone which, if I"m honest, isn't the most intuitive for a blind person to use with VoiceOver. 

I'm glad to hear it exists at least. Maybe they are waiting for the Disney integration, maybe it will have deeper integration with Apple TV app. Maybe, and this is my hope, because Disney Plus has audio description built in, they are currently getting everything in line so that not only the Disney part of the now tv subscription has audio description.

_eMa_
Advocate

please, link for italian version with Apple TV support 😉 

https://apps.apple.com/it/app/now-tv/id1377753603 

This version have only iPhone and iPad support 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just searched and found this: -

https://apps.apple.com/it/app/now-tv/id1377753603

I note again this is same version, but it isn’t showing tvOS support as was alleged by another poster and repeated by me. Therefore it might be universal is only enabled in Ireland. 

I only personally verified the Irish app. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here is the reply from nowtv after emailing them some 10 days ago.

Thank you for contacting NOW TV. Your case has been escalated to myself in the Executive Complaints team. 

I have reviewed your complaint and I can understand the frustration in relation to the update for the NOW TV app available on Apple TV.

I have checked with our technical teams and there has been a delay in the release of the update in the UK. It is scheduled for later this year but I cannot give you a confirmed date at this time.

The technical teams have advised that you may wish to continue to monitor the Community page as we may invite some customers to take part in a trial before the official release of the update.

I'm sorry that I don't have better news for you and respect your decision should you choose to move services. If you have any further concerns/queries please feel free to let me know and I will address these by return.

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

As expected they have passed the information onto the nowtv technical team. Interesting they say they may need beta testers. I can only assume this app will not be released before july.