cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Expert 2

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

Thats the key... and thats the question that we are really asking.

We aren't ignorant or stupid... this is 2020, and theres a thing called the internet... we can easily find out that the universal app has been released in Ireland and Italy.... and not the UK

We are simply asking, as subscription paying customers, why this is and why we cant have the same app released in the UK.  Its not as if it doesnt exist...  but whats the reason that it CANT be released in the UK yet.

If someone would just answer that question... although I sure its not going to be an answer that satisfies us.... its the least they can do at this point.

For example "our appleTV app requires specific amendments for the UK customers... this is still in development and we are hoping to have a UK version of the app ready by xxxx"

Advocate

Hi. Where you found support for AppleTv in Italy ???? 

0 Thanks
Expert 2

Apparently, the new universal app is available on the Italian, and Irish app stores.

Just not the UK one.

0 Thanks
Expert

Do google search you can find the Irish one easily, it has screenshots too. Same version as U.K. iOS non universal app, I created an Irish account and installed, it fully worked but would not accept my U.K. login details. 

0 Thanks
Scholar 3

When I google it nothing ever comes up, am I searching for it wrong what are you typing into google
0 Thanks
Expert

I previously posted picture and I believe the link. Link doesn’t work on an apple mobile device as redirects to the App Store app giving an error not available in your region. 

Try ‘NowTV ie iOS’ or something similar, or look back in this tread.   If that doesn’t work set Google region to Ireland. 

Try this, just found quickly when looked:-

https://apps.apple.com/ie/app/now-tv-ireland/id1190333186

0 Thanks
Scholar 3

Thank you
0 Thanks
Expert

Note it’s the same version and change log as the U.K. release, expect that isn’t a universal iOS / tvOS app here. 

0 Thanks
Scholar

This treatment of NowTV customers is so bad, I still think they should remove AppleTV from their list of supported devices (or at least caveat this to show that MyTV and other functions aren't included). I wonder if any UK tech magazines/websites would be interested in writing about this?

Also did you see the story about the homework App in China, schools are using it exponentially to set homework for quarantined students, so the students have banded together to give it a 1 star review, when it hits a 1* average rating, it's could get removed from the app store!

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/coronavirus-quarantine-children-china...

NowTV somehow has a rating of 4.5 from 20,000 reviews, sadly I don't think we are enough people to lower it that much and we have probably mostly all rated it badly already 😞 Interesting that the reviews are very polarised, probably 1* for some devices, 4/5* for others.

0 Thanks
Expert

The tvOS app I thought was 1 star when I last looked. 

0 Thanks