cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

@Techuser_73 @nst 

I linked to the Apple TV thread where 2 users have received emails about an upcoming beta test. Not the current trial already taking place for their own devices.

0 Thanks
Expert

I don’t think the NowTV is for boost or BT sport in fairness as surely boost is already out fully on those devices and all that is left to do is add 50fps to remaining sports channels wouldn’t need trial for that.

In regards to BT Sport App I wouldn’t think NowTV would be doing bets on that surely the reliability of that is down to BT itself as it will just be an app like they have for iOS and Android but works on the boxes ? Unless we are thinking it is going be built into the NowTV EPG

0 Thanks
Expert 2

Well I emailed customer support. 

of course I got a bit of a non descript reply. They basically said that there is not an upcoming beta trial that would replace the now tv app for Apple TV. 

so the usual random information with nothing confirmed or denied. 

frustrating 

Scholar 3

@nst The reply From one of the people on here he got from Emma @ nowtv it clearly stated that they were working on the app. I wouldn’t bother what customer support say there telling you a pack of lies. Nowtv help twitter have confirmed that the app will be updated but gave no time frame. So ignore customer support or customer care they know nothing.

here the reply user Breaking_Bad got from Emma @nowtv. 

I emailed Jeremy Darroch to complain about the state of the Apple TV app last week. Got a response this week from someone in the executive complaints team. It seems to say it’s happening this year, but no better timescale than that was given :-(. 

I’m replying to this via my iPad, and cannot figure out how to upload the screenshot of the email - if anyone can help I’m happy to upload it. 

This is what it says though:

Thank you for contacting NOW TV. Your case has been escalated to myself in the Executive Complaints team.

I have reviewed your complaint and I can understand the frustration in relation to the update for the NOW TV app available on Apple TV.

I have checked with our technical teams and there has been a delay in the release of the update in the UK. It is scheduled for later this year but I cannot give you a confirmed date at this time.

The technical teams have advised that you may wish to continue to monitor the Community page as we may invite some customers to take part in a trial before the official release of the update.

I'm sorry that I don't have better news for you and respect your decision should you choose to move services. If you have any further concerns/queries please feel free to let me know and I will address these by return.

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

Thanks,

Emma @ The NOW TV Team”

0 Thanks
Expert 2

emma does like her cut and paste doesnt she.

I do wish someone with that reply would reply back to her and ask her why its a different version to that which is already released in Ireland and Italy.

the implication being we, in the UK, will get something else.... something newer...otherwise there is one already we can have.

0 Thanks
Scholar 3

Fully agree @nst 

0 Thanks
Advocate

All I want for the 3rd gen app is to add a watch list. Seems like a bizarre omission compared to the Prime and Netflix apps on the platform - unless I’m missing something?

0 Thanks
Expert 2

You aren't.

A watchlist is a vital function for me, and the fact that NowTV had one was the ONLY way I was able to use the service.

Basically, I ditched SkyQ and needed some kind of pseudo recording-queue.

The watch list, when functioning correctly, is adequate.  Although it does not highlight in the 'continue watching' section shows that have a new series starting... it does highlight the next episode when youve started watching a series.

This will do.  just.

However, the AppleTV is years behind such technological advancements.

This has been allowed to happen, and its not really acceptable as a "fully supported device".

Mentor

I contacted NOW TV to ask them about the app (thinking / hoping that the more people that are asking, the more urgency there may be....) and I got this response today:

"We understand your concern about the NOW TV App update but we do not have a specific time frame and we are also aware that the NOW TV App requires an update and the technical team are currently working on this. As mentioned before you will either be notified or you will have to keep an eye on the NOW TV Community page."

I know its years late which is ridiculous, but at least they've acknowledged that the app needs an update and that they are working on it. I responded asking why we can't just use the app that is available in Ireland, I'll let you know if I get a decent response. 

0 Thanks
Scholar

Yeh it's a basic function and an absolutely disgrace that they sell subscriptions based on AppleTV being a supported device when it isn't really 100% supported.

When we are deciding what to watch there are always audible sighs in the room every damn time we use NowTV to try to remember what we were watching and having to search for TV shows manually, then trying to remember which episodes we have or haven't watched yet.

0 Thanks