cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

Don’t hold your breath for a response!

If you do get one it will be generic, uniformed and non-committal.  Whilst our friends in Ireland sit there using the shiny new updated app that we tested!

I feel much better today, like a weight has been lifted. I am no longer paying NowTV any money!

Thread stats:

created 4 years ago
570 replies

These say it all, they don’t care!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 2

yep.. evidence that the NowTV development "team" are spreading themselves even more thinly.

I see that Plusnet also have a TV box that can access NowTV.. and so do BT, 

and SkyQ box also needs a NowTV integration...

Makes you wonder/realise  just how low priority the AppleTV box is.  As we all know 4 years is just ridiculous.

As ive said before.... for goodness sake rationalise the supported platforms.. and hey, if AppleTV is one of the casualties so be it....  just stop advertising it as a supported platform when the app is not even fully functional.

NowTV should be ashamed to take money from an unsuspecting paying customer who only has and wants and expects to use an AppleTV box.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

Well interesting, if NowTV are supporting Disney+ then surely it will have to support 4k and UHD, let alone HD! Unless it will just go with the existing 720p? But surely the USP of Disney is that it's 4K UHD content?

Maybe this is what has delayed things? At least for the last 6 months or so? 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 3

Disney material on Apple TV will be it's own app via AppleTV. It won't be anywhere near the NowTV one. The confusion is that Disney will be on NOW TV, the box or stick, NOT the App. It'll just appear as Netflix does as a wholly separate item. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/AppleTV-App-Beta/td-p/474921/page/30

So it seems another new beta is going out - maybe just maybe they will actually bother to finish the test and release it to everyone!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 3

Already been discussed and @nst said yesterday we don’t even know if it is for Apple. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 2

it isn't,

I got my hopes up with people discussing it in the AppleTV beta thread..

however the wording is:

We are on the lookout for early look trialist to take part in our latest trial. The update that we are sharing is an early version of some new updates to NOW TV experience. It won’t be perfect to start with, but we need your help and feedback to get it ready to launch.

The devices that the NOW TV Trial app will be available on are:

• NOW TV Smart Stick
  • NOW TV Smart Box (with Freeview)
  • NOW TV Smart Box (4K ready with Voice Search)
  • NOW TV Black Box

so.. not the AppleTV then.

Interesting that they are ploughing on with more updates to the NowTV boxes (as I suspect their primary focus).... whilst leaving other platforms languishing in the mud.

For goodness sake... update the UK appleTV app - we aren't even asking for more development resources.. just copy the app to the UK store and let us use it!!!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 3

There are TWO trials. The first covering Roku devices, the second due imminently is for (I’m saying no more). 

Highlighted
Scholar 3

Will be the nowtv boost or BT sport app. Like @nst as said just release the Apple app. But sadly this is it.

0 Thanks