cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
nst
Elite

thank you for the link.

it specifically doesn't mention that its for appletv though....

just the NowTV boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It will be the BT Sport app seeing that they said would be on nowtv boxes in spring and for a six week period either that or something to do with the nowtv boost. 

nst
Elite

looks like its nothing to do with the AppleTV app at all.

I thought that in the other thread about the appleTV beta ... they were talking about a recent email / invite...

Doesnt look like it,  Emailed nowTV for clarification.

Interesting aside... I tweeted NowTVHelp with this request for beta information and they replied in minutes.  Tweeted them 3 times over the last 3 weeks about the situation with the AppleTV app and no reply from them on that!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don’t hold your breath for a response!

If you do get one it will be generic, uniformed and non-committal.  Whilst our friends in Ireland sit there using the shiny new updated app that we tested!

I feel much better today, like a weight has been lifted. I am no longer paying NowTV any money!

Thread stats:

created 4 years ago
570 replies

These say it all, they don’t care!

nst
Elite

yep.. evidence that the NowTV development "team" are spreading themselves even more thinly.

I see that Plusnet also have a TV box that can access NowTV.. and so do BT, 

and SkyQ box also needs a NowTV integration...

Makes you wonder/realise  just how low priority the AppleTV box is.  As we all know 4 years is just ridiculous.

As ive said before.... for goodness sake rationalise the supported platforms.. and hey, if AppleTV is one of the casualties so be it....  just stop advertising it as a supported platform when the app is not even fully functional.

NowTV should be ashamed to take money from an unsuspecting paying customer who only has and wants and expects to use an AppleTV box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well interesting, if NowTV are supporting Disney+ then surely it will have to support 4k and UHD, let alone HD! Unless it will just go with the existing 720p? But surely the USP of Disney is that it's 4K UHD content?

Maybe this is what has delayed things? At least for the last 6 months or so? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disney material on Apple TV will be it's own app via AppleTV. It won't be anywhere near the NowTV one. The confusion is that Disney will be on NOW TV, the box or stick, NOT the App. It'll just appear as Netflix does as a wholly separate item. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/AppleTV-App-Beta/td-p/474921/page/30

So it seems another new beta is going out - maybe just maybe they will actually bother to finish the test and release it to everyone!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Already been discussed and @nst said yesterday we don’t even know if it is for Apple.