cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Completely agree with a lot of the recent comments in this forum streaming is becoming more and more important and every other streaming service these days recognise that Apple TV is one of the best set top boxes from Netflix/Prime/BBC to the new BritBox or Disney+. Clearly Sky can not be so dumb to think that only they can be right in the face of everyone else I can’t think of actually any other streaming service that isn’t into Apple TV even the more niche things like Crunchyroll. 

Yes Sky are in a solid position but that is going to vanish soon. If they had become part of Disney I think it wouldn’t of been as big but that didn’t happen. But Disney have made it clear they will be pulling content from Sky or organising better deals from not just there powerful film library but to things like the Simpsons I expect as well. 

The only big thing Sky have going for it now is there HBO/Showtime deals and there Sports content. The rest will soon be available else where. But instead of pushing that forward they have dragged there feet in Italy and Austria they are already offering Sky Q and Sky X over Fibre but there is no sign at all of seeing that in U.K. even though they first spoke about it 2 years ago. 

We aren’t asking for much from NowTV/Sky/Comcast just a reliable app that everyone else is willing to provide to its customers. Apple have done a lot of the work for them with there Universal App system. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

3 months into 2020 and we still don’t have an answer or a release date on an app update... from one the UKs biggest media companies 

Pretty poor to be honest considering how much they pay for premiership and F1 rights. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Send all ur comments to Emma quartly of nowtv she’s the marketing Director and the person who has responded to emails about this matter. Think if you email Jeremy darroch then she responds.  jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I personally wouldn't mind NOW TV being integrated as one of the Apple TV Channels, like STARZPLAY, BFIPLAYER or the tv+ app itself.

Deep integration like that where it doesn't need to open up a separate app would be ideal, I think, especially with their library. Maybe get them a few more subscribers as well.

Not sure how the live content would work with that though.

Anyway, back to reality - to an app built for the 1st gen Apple TV that crashes almost every time I open it on my third gen and 4K version.

Happy days...

nst
Elite

How funny....

Literally yesterday I was musing about other providers offering NowTV through their own technical portal... and today an email arrived from BT offering the new BT TV.

Now, I know that this information has been around a while maybe... but it looks like BT are doing just that.   You can get their set top box, and through that access NowTV, Netflix, Amazon etc etc... and pay BT directly.

OK, this is no different whatsoever to having an AppleTV box or any other streaming box and getting all the separate apps of course... but on this occasion it looks like NowTV have pulled their finger out and provided an app for BT TV... but you can be sure that app, or the platform will not be neglected in the future like the AppleTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nstyes I touched on this the other day, negotiations were clearly taking place for a period of time before the announcement 2 weeks ago. The BT sport app will be appearing on nowtv boxes in spring. Also there asking for new Apple TV beta testers.

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

id be interested in the beta programme... any idea how we register interest to participate?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I filled out a form on the Nowtv website ages ago asking to be on the beta tests and left my details.

Hopefully it’s a much better upgrade to the current version
nst
Elite

ive searched but cant find where to signup.

Anonymous User
Not applicable