cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well done and within your rights to do so. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK that's it, we have had enough. Last year they mentioned to us that would be getting HD at the end of the year so I hung on, turns out it's not even available on Apple TV because of this app debacle and the lack of MyTV on it I think means they shouldn't even list Apple TV as a proper supported device. For them to say the app will is planned for later in the year! just shows that it's very low on their priorities and could slip further, or there is some issue like licensing, their own alternative etc they're not telling us that could delay it further.

We'll just go to another service that supports HD and even 4K with an app that has been updated within the last 5 years! As others have mentioned, we bought an AppleTV to reduce the number of remotes we have, we are not prepared to buy a separate device and pay them additional money just so we can get what the app should be giving us in the first place.

PS when you cancel online there are some standard options and an 'Other' where you can write what your issue is. I suggest we all do this and mention the app. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They can work with the likes of BT Sports and produce a nowtv app for youview boxes but not apple tv. Now I'm guessing that must take some work behind the scenes in development. My guess Is that put the apple tv app to the back of the queue and put BT sport app first. Also let us not forget the BT sport app will be appearing on devices in spring. So clearly this is the delay in which emma quartly mentioned. Of course she is more than welcome to come on to this forum and answer the question herself. So a couple of questions for emma quartly the marketing director for nowtv to answer.

1. What Is the reason for the delay in the nowtv app for apple tv. Is it technical licensing etc please inform us.

2. If the app has been delayed why was the app released in ireland and Italy surely this is not acceptable. Please expand on that. And will she accept that the current nowtv app for appletv is not fit for purpose and address this straight away.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s so annoying, I’ve just got an Apple TV and I can watch BT Sport in 4K on it yet for Now TV (which has just got 1080p) is using an app from 2015!! The app in Ireland looks like my old now tv stick layout. That’s all we want!

C08F8FC2-70C6-4637-9815-E50F4115E0E8.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All complaints to Emma @nowtv that’s Emma quartly she’s the marketing Director. Couple people here will have the email address after receiving a pathetic response to there complaint. 

nst
Elite

Does Emma not realise that we, the question asking paying customs, know that the app is already available elsewhere?

Saying it will be available in the UK "this year" is not an acceptable response when we know that the app exists, and is working quite nicely for Italy and Ireland.

What we are asking is why the disparity and the reason why the app isnt being released in the UK.

There must of course be a reason that we are not aware of... and all they need to do is tell us why.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes exactly. To the people who got a reply to the email you sent Emma @nowtv please reply back asking these questions and also that she needs to post an update on this topic. The lack of communication is simply wrong. Why an earth would you release an app in both Ireland and Italy and not in the uk. There were many people involved in that beta testing I’m assuming from the uk so what was the point then. We are being short changed here and this awful app needs removing from the store and updating ASAP. 

nst
Elite

I think that @Anonymous User is spot on.

To those who have received this reply... by all means ask her to explain specifically why the app was tested, and then only released in Ireland and Italy... and not the UK.

The more specific the question the less of a wooly response she can get away with.

You know how development goes... nobody wants to be tied down to a deadline... but I think giving yourself a whole year when the app is already released in other territories is a bit of a cop out.  I think we would all be "happier" with the specific explanation as to why not the UK.  Its not a coding issue... so whats the problem specifically with us?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Voted with my feet, I’ve cancelled despite a £3.99 a month entertainment pass offer. 

See you all next time I decide to binge watch some box sets and want to have a moan about the tvOS app. 

nst
Elite

Thats a shame.

Would you be able to feed that back to NowTV?

Personally I like the service, and use it daily... so cancelling is not an option for me... but I have the NowTV box... even though I eagerly await the AppleTV app its no more than an inconvenience to me rather than a shop-stopper.

It would be helpful if the powers that be know that they are losing subscribers due to their inactivity and inability to communicate the situation.