cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So we are getting copy and pasted responses - exact same as mine. 

I am going to reply to my one when I get a chance. It would be good for as many people as possible to email Jeremy. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

try also emailing: ARHosie (dot) Compliance (at) nowtv (dot) com

Name: Alistair Hosie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a NowTV stick but it’s a substandard experience compared to the Apple TV. Plus I don’t want an extra remote!

Looks like I’ll be making a saving then as cancelling the auto renew, despite a reduced price offer.

Shame they don’t ask why you’ve cancelled. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also emailed Jeremy Darroch at the beginning of the week ironically.

Have had zero response.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm going to email this Alistair guy see what he says. Yes typical copy and paste job in emails they send to people. Her name is emma quartly shes the marketing director for nowtv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just jumped through some hoops to get the Irish NowTV app on my Apple TV, unfortunately it doesn’t recognise my UK account when I try to login.

I can browse the app though and it doesn’t seem too bad, quite fast and responsive and way better than the current U.K. one. 

Worth a try, shame they don’t release in the U.K.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

from a business pov I understand them

they are trying to force you buy skyQ and stick because before surrendering to Netflix Amazon Apple Disney (And also DAZN and Discovery) from a content perspective, at least if they manage your hdmi and your money channels, at least they may have a share

as a consumer I am disappointed 

nst
Elite

this is not true.

The AppleTV is only one platform they "support" (in the loosest sense!)

If what you said was correct, the entire NowTV offering across all devices would be rubbish.

It isnt.  the service, for what it costs, is good value for money usually and something that is touted as an alternative pay as you go type thing for Sky.

SkyQ is not and would not be placed head to head with NowTV as its a contracted subscription service with rented hardware.... quite different.

AppleTV's woes seem unique and nothing more than a platform that the NowTV development team, or Management seems to think deserves the least amount of their resources.

As I said before.. I represent part of the problem here.... I desperately want them to update the App... but gave in and purchased a NowTV box which I eagerly await the opportunity to discard.... so statistically I do not show up as a potential AppleTV user/customer.

What frustrates me is that there must be such a small number of AppleTV owners who actually try to use the current AppleTV app... that to NowTV the platform seems to have too small a user base to make it worth their while...  this is of course not true and they should know that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Simply put I'll continue to watch nowtv on my apple tv till my passes are up. Yes it's a temptation to go out and get a nowtv box but for me to discard it later on. I brought thos apple box because it's a great device just being let down by not having the nowtv app. Going back to the reply some people got from emma at now tv. Can u email her back and ask why she can not come on here and write a post explaining the current situation and the time period. If not dm me her email and I'll do it. Thanks.

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Hi

I have just cancelled the entertainment channels on my apple tv,as the now tv app is not good enough except for the football,they asked why I was leaving and I replied that the app has to be updated and I would come back in the future,so that's another customer lost because of the age of this app on apple tv, Oct 2015!!!!