cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good point, I forgot about the 3rd generation Apple TV and I used to have two!   That could be the cause of some confusion, and I still think that maybe our question isn’t being passed to the correct person for a valid response and maybe this is why. 

I just checked the Ireland site out on my mobile, can’t see boost mentioned, searching finds it but link is page not found. I also looked at list of supported devices from their FAQ, that is also page not found. Looks like no one tested the links on their Irish website. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I think it’s safe to say it won’t be happening soon as like someone mentioned this thread has been going on for years and we’re still no closer to having an updated app, shame because it could be a fantastic platform
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It might have been going on for years, but an updated app exists now. It didn’t before. The change log doesn’t indicate when it went universal, but I suspect it was quite recently. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just install the iOS version of their app to see if I could use to track My TV as it were. Which of course isn’t in the tvOS app. 

Anyway I’m watching Cobra, next episode to watch is episode 5. The iOS app says next episode is 2 and I’ve only watched episode 1. 

Hmm... Looks like the whole service is half baked to me, even the updated app doesn’t reflect correctly what I’m watching. 

My current offer voucher ends in two weeks, NowTV sent me an offer saying next 6 months will be £3.99 a month.  I would take this up, but not with the NowTV tvOS app as it is. 

Looks like Disney+ will be getting my money, not Sky TV!

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User if this helps... ive ditched a full blown SkyQ record service for NowTV.

I needed a facility to be able to track when the next available episode is ready to watch.

As you'll know from AppleTV the TV app is very useful for this and incorporates the BBC, ITV, C4, C5 and Amazon shows.  Annoyingly it doesn't work with Netflix.

I think its far too much to expect full integration from the mythical NowTV TVOS app (when it appears)...though that would be amazing.

However if its of any consolation the NowTV watch next function works *most* of the time but not all... I dont know why it doesnt sometimes, but the the TV TVOS app is also a bit unreliable... but not so much as to be unusable.  I think its mainly down to metadata supplied from the channels.  For example im watching SciFi's Blood and Treasure, and it still insists that episode 1 and 2 are the next episodes even though I watched them... first!  But they seem to be labeled as later so keep popping up - you learn to ignore that.  Again its just metadata that is incorrect.

I would encourage you to write to NowTV customer services and tell them that you need the new TVOS app to be able to continue subscribing.

I think that the more people make them aware that we are waiting the better.  They are ignoring the Twitter approaches now!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If there not responding to direct twitter questions or general then a complaint needs to be lodged. They are they as a social media platform to give information To us. I personally had to send two direct messages because the first one didn’t get a response after 36 hours. Complete joke the management from top to bottom not communication with there staff as was clearly pointed out when someone was told by nowtv customer services that there was no plans for the nowtv Apple app, when there clearly is and was told off Twitter. So if nowtv management don’t communicate with staff is it little wonder we are ignored. If anyone has a LinkedIn account and has the option of direct messaging a person may I suggest the nowtv ceo Maria Storti. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I responded to another thread on this earlier, as I’m baffled by the fact Now TV haven’t released the new app yet, having tested it a year ago and it being near perfect. Now I see in this thread that it is available on Ireland - I may just create an Irish Apple ID and download it 

as an aside, I notice BT are now offering NowTV bundles with their broadband, there will be a fair few people who will want to use it on an Apple TV that will be very disappointed when they see the ATV3 version of the app 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
So was the app you tested actually any good

@Anonymous User  I was a long term beta tester of that app. It was on a par with the NOW TV app on Roku, but lacked integration with other providers’ content at the highest level. Very useable though and a vast improvement in the “current” public version.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Shame we won’t get to see it for a while