cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

I should say my opinion is just guessing and I have no idea how it works. But I think there must be a geo-restriction reason why we haven't got it. Just like the reason we don't have Sports Extra pass. It's restricted. I cannot believe a company the size of NowTV wouldn't update the app unless there's a reason. I mean why roll out an update to ROI and Italy and say you know what let's hold off with the UK. Especially since the UK iPhone App store NowTV is updated regularly. I share your frustrations I use Apple TV for EVERYTHING, but the NowTV app was just so bad it made it nearly impossible to use. I'd be happy if we get an update right now. I think there has to be a reason why they haven't, and its unfortunate no one in the know can fill us in.

Highlighted
Scholar 3

You see this is the problem people buy nowtv sticks the smart box but the hardware inside is not on a par with an apple 4k box. Yes u may pay £150 for the box but ur getting a premium slick interface fast start up times and great picture and sound quality and very nearly all the apps to use. I do appreciate the average person will go for the stick or the smart box it's a no brainer for £25. But you pay for what you get. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

I love the AppleTV 4K Box its best piece of kit I have ever bought. I'm not giving that up I use it for everything else but NowTV until NowTV updates their app.

Mentor

I’ve now cancelled all my NowTV passes until this abomination of an App is updated in the UK.

I’ll keep an eye on this thread for any updates, otherwise I’m just gonna get on with life without NowTV

Highlighted
Scholar 3

@DC22 I can appreciate why you'd do this.

Ive been feeling "oh its any day now" since December.... and that is purely based on knowing that the app exists in Ireland and Italy so surely it was an imminent release.

However, perhaps you can tweet, facebook, or email NowTV with that very point.  They have lost a customer until they can sort this.  Maybe that will galvanise them into action... or at the very least coming back to us with more than "soon".

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

I've cancelled all my subs since Early December I will probably resub for the Start of the Formula 1 season because i'm such a big fan but before that I had Entertainment Movies and Sports from NowTV so they are losing a fair amount a month from me. BT Sport works perfectly on my AppleTV brilliant experience and even stuff like Britbox has a AppleTV app these days.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 3

I sent a dm to nowtv help on twitter and that was over 36 hours ago and no response. They just dont care shocking service it has to be said. I asked them what the current situation is because the app is being used in ireland and Italy. I also said can someone make a comment on nowtv community but no response. I urge everyone send them a dm to @nowtvhelp not nowtv. Also by all means send a message on Facebook if u have that. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I’ve been keeping an eye on this thread since the betas been out and sickened that we are still having to have discussions on this! I sent a tweet 2 weeks ago that got the reply ‘We are currently looking into this and hope to have it resolved soon’

yesterday I sent this follow up ‘Have you heard anything further why the delay in releasing to the UK? My understanding is this has been developed as a universal app meaning the Apple TV tvOS version is the same as the current iPhone and iPad iOS versions you have released and update continually. So development is not needed, only a release to bring the app into line with other Country regions such as Ireland and Italy. Thanks!’

today I received the following reply ‘Thanks for taking the time to write to us! We wish we could provide you with more info right now, we can only advise to keep an eye on our community post for future updates.’

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 3

whats frustrating is that there is nothing consistent coming from them.

We go from "soon" to "not on the radar" to "nothing to tell you"

And yet we all know the app is available elsewhere.

All we are asking is a reason why the app is not in the UK yet.  Im sure we can accept excuses like "it needs more development" or "bugs have been highlighted from the Irish users" etc... and so it needs a little while (days.. weeks) until full rollout.

Silence, or nothing.. is not acceptable nor is it necessary.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Champion 2

@nst @Ataraxia  @HORSBOX  @Techuser_73  and the rest

Guys

I'm guessing that Now TV's non-committal answers are because the problem is probably contractual and not technical. And, as you guys know, they can't talk about commercial-in-confidence stuff.

UK Bob

0 Thanks