cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Needs to be carefully worded as the app has been update on the U.K. App Store, it’s the same version as Ireland. 

But the U.K. version hasn’t been released as a universal app, therefore doesn’t support tvOS. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I agree feel free to contact twitter again and see what they say. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just tweeted this: 

@NOWTV is there any reason why the UK tvOS app (Apple TV) hasn’t been updated? The NowTV Ireland app is the same version as the UK iOS one but is universal (iOS/tvOS) so the tvOS version up to date, unlike the basic, poor and buggy UK one. Please fix this!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Should try sending it to nowtv help twitter too I tried the nowtv one the other day and they didn’t respond, was only when I sent it to nowtv help they responded, also send it by dm.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good idea, just done both suggestions. 

nst
Elite

Well you got a quick reply:

Thanks for your feedback.  We are currently working on launching this version of the app in the UK soon.  However we have no solid date as of yet.  Sorry for the frustration.

So... thats a bit different from the woman that said it "wasnt on their radar".

I assume this response is nearer the truth... through Id be interested to know why an app that is successfully running in 2 other countries cant work in the UK with no changes.

On the positive side... "soon" on the negative side "no solid date as yet".

Maybe you should respond and tell there there are a lot of us waiting for this so perhaps they would be kind enough to keep us informed on twitter as to the progress.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did I, I can’t see anything - even did a search. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve also put a suitable review on the iOS App Store. See attached. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well done zippy couldn’t have said it better myself.

nst
Elite

This is a good idea but those appleTV app reviews are somewhat hard to find at the best of times.

I think that the more we pester them the less they can keep sweeping it under the carpet.  I tweeted NowTV help again asking for an update but this time they have ignored my question.  I shall keep tweeting them every few days until someone is compelled to get a better answer than "soon".  The danger is that "soon" isn't actually soon at all.  My definition of soon is within a few days or a couple of weeks at most.

The main mystery remains... which is why the existing universal app is not in the UK store.

This is why apple created the concept of universal apps to make life easier for the developers and they dont have multiple versions of their app to administer.  In theory the iOS iPADOS and TVOS version is one and the same and going forward any functionality changes will be automatically reflected across all 3 platforms instead of leaving one to fester like they have done up till now.  Making it a universal app should solve all our issues going forward.  I was concerned that when we finally get the update then the AppleTV would be left to gather dust again for another 4 years but the universal app will hopefully mean this can never happen as they will always be paying attention to the iPhone and iPad platforms without a doubt.

So, why its not some kind of priority to get the universal app out there for the UK is a mystery as its beneficial to all involved not just the paying customers.